XenCenter error

delboy87delboy87 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
[h=3]I'm currently studying for the CCA-V cert and getting this XenCenter error "Unable to mount the directory specified in device configuration request" when I try to create new storage repository. I read that checking 'Use different user name' option usually works, but that's not case with me. Any ideas?? Thanks![/h]

Comments

• thronetmthronetm Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey

What are you trying to mount, a CIFS Share on a file server or?
  • delboy87delboy87 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thronetm wrote: »
    Hey

What are you trying to mount, a CIFS Share on a file server or?

That's right, sorry for not saying. Cannot create CIFS ISO Library.
    Hmm, should be straight forward. Try IP address instead of hostname and use AD credentials or local depending on what way your environment is set up. Can you ping the ISO Library server from XenServer CLI?

Go to XenServer CLI -> ping x.x.x.x
    Hmm, should be straight forward. Try IP address instead of hostname and use AD credentials or local depending on what way your environment is set up. Can you ping the ISO Library server from XenServer CLI?

Go to XenServer CLI -> ping x.x.x.x

Tried that aswell but no luck. Hmm, can you tell me more about ISO Library server? Very likely I missed some step regarding that. My XenServer IP is 192.168.159.130, don't if that goes for ISO Library server.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    He's just asking if you're able to successfully ping from the XenServer CLI to the system that you're hoping to host the CIFS share on - the one you're trying/failing to create the storage repository on.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    xenodamus wrote: »
    He's just asking if you're able to successfully ping from the XenServer CLI to the system that you're hoping to host the CIFS share on - the one you're trying/failing to create the storage repository on.

Yes I can ping it normally. Also tried this command aswell:

xe sr-create name-label=Local type=iso
    device-config:legacy_mode=true
    device-config:location=/vm/iso content-type=iso
    xe sr-create name-label=Local type=iso
    device-config:legacy_mode=true
    device-config:location=/vm/iso content-type=iso
    don't mind that command, wrong command. sorry :)
    If you can ping from XenServer to file server then nothing should be stopping you

Make sure you have actually created a folder you want to use as your ISO library and make sure that folder is shared with the correct permissions. Try browsing the share from your PC via \\servername\sharename to ensure you can connect as this might be an issue on Windows end
    If you can ping from XenServer to file server then nothing should be stopping you

Make sure you have actually created a folder you want to use as your ISO library and make sure that folder is shared with the correct permissions. Try browsing the share from your PC via \\servername\sharename to ensure you can connect as this might be an issue on Windows end

used this command: mkdir -p /var/opt/xen/ISO_Store
    try browsing the share but no luck, can't find it. any other way to create ISO folder??
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you make sure the share has full permissions ?
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.