CCIE DC V2 Announced

JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
CCIE Data Center - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Some MAJOR differences in hardware here. Going to make this much more difficult to get lab and hands on with ACI imo.

Some great info in this link as well:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/shared/docs/ccie-datacenter-comparison.pdf

Comments

• d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Can't wait to see the new CCNP DC tests. The current tests are sooooo outdated.

Thank you for the update :)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Wow, VXLAN, LISP and... SDN.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    There is an ACI simulator you can download if you have access. Never used it myself but it might be viable study option.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Now if they would give the Security track some love.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • BardlebeeBardlebee Member Posts: 264 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Wow, VXLAN, LISP and... SDN.

Can anyone give me a professional summary of what the DC lineup really pushes? Is it automation/cloud? I have never looked into that line and while I don't think I'll do another CCIE after my R/S, I'd be interested into doing a CCNP level in some automation based cert of educational purposes.

EDIT: Site says Data Center design/infrastructure, but I feel that is very generalized overview of it.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, that is a very high level fuzzy description. Really it's about knowing in depth, Data Centre technologies that the Nexus platforms bring, i.e. SAN over Switches, Compute with the Cisco ESX hosts, and the switches themselves, and all of the DC related technologies that go with them, OTV, FabricPath, VDC's, FCoE, etc. Even that is a generalisation, but hope it fills at least a little gap.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Knew this was coming. Just got announced sooner than I thought it would be.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    we hope that training vendors ( INE and IPX) can update their racks to match the new update in DC....
    Bardlebee wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a professional summary of what the DC lineup really pushes? Is it automation/cloud? I have never looked into that line and while I don't think I'll do another CCIE after my R/S, I'd be interested into doing a CCNP level in some automation based cert of educational purposes.

EDIT: Site says Data Center design/infrastructure, but I feel that is very generalized overview of it.

Take a look at CCIE Cloud, it is more focused on Cloud/Automation than the CCIE DC, which focuses on Compute, Network and Storage.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    Take a look at CCIE Cloud, it is more focused on Cloud/Automation than the CCIE DC, which focuses on Compute, Network and Storage.

Is there a CCIE Cloud? I thought it was only at the CCNP level right now.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the change in terms of hardware is huge.. i need to register for some scripting class now. i dont have skills in scripting
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    "Evolving Technologies" = sales rhetoric.

The Diagnostic module in the lab seems redundant to the written exam.
  • bender000bender000 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They better announce the new CCNP-DC soon otherwise I'm in a pickle - was going to go for it shortly but if its changing entirely, caught in two minds (worth learning the old syllabus? etc.).
    Though my main motivations are independent of the syllabus I suppose - I'm about to get dropped into a Nexus heavy environment for a 6 month gig and also wanting to have the same knowledge on the FI side as I already do on the conventional and virtual side so its really annoying having a 'blind spot' in the middle of the stack.
    It will certainly be irritating having to 're-study' huge chunks of it if I do pursue it past CCNP-DC.
    But the syllabus is definitely dated so they don't really have a choice. I just wish there was the option of a 'UCS/SAN heavy' and a 'Nexus/FI heavy' tracks as I'm definitely a networker and rarely get given the keys to Vcenter, let alone UCS manager/MDS.
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Is there a CCIE Cloud? I thought it was only at the CCNP level right now.

Woops, my bad. Btw, they might release the CCIE level blueprint soon...
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Holy crap!! Well this is going to be fun...
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.