For anyone looking to build a lab or upgrade their storage

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dang! I want that for my gaming machine....

At the moment I have a 240 GB which is fine but RPGs can be bloated in size and I would like to keep most of them on my SSD rather than moving stuff back and forth to the secondary HDD
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah its pretty cheap. I am thinking of getting a couple and putting them into a RAID0.
  • elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 102
    Wow. To think that 100GB SSDs used to cost an arm and a leg not too long ago. With these advancements, there really is no excuse to be using spinning HDDs any longer, not even in the enterprise storage space.
    WIP: CISSP, MCSE Server Infrastructure
    Casual reading:
    CCNP, Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference, Network Warrior

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tempting, but it'd take me about a year to install it in something. I'm thinking I might build my next PC end of 2016, not sure yet.

On another note, Western Digital announces acquisition of SanDisk
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So tempting!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The price from Newegg is $349.99, the price from Best Buy is $303.99. The $269 price you see on Newegg is from one of their sellers "Hot Deals 4 Less". They have too much negative feedback for my tastes.

FillAwful wrote: »
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The deal is no longer on amazon. It was a limited deal for yesterday, but it was $219.00 when I posted it. It's gone back up to $299.00