Options

Good certifications for jobs working in User Access & Controls

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I work in IT entry level and I work in User Access & Controls. I have done my entry level certs along with my CCNA and CEH. However, my manager doesn't give a **** about my CCNA at all as it is not "job related". I am looking for some good certifications that go along with my type of position which is Security Operations (User Access & Controls). I work in a primarily Windows server 2012 and Linux environment with different flavors of linux (Suse, AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris). I have my CCNA Security as a goal to have a second path in case I want to leave this job and it will renew my CCNA R&S but I would also like to have a cert that is job related. Any suggestions? I have looked at SSCP but it is the same as my Security+ and I was planning on doing CISSP but I will need more experience before I can get it. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My immediate thought was CISSP as it will help open many doors when you decide to move on. Are you positive you don't have the required experience?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know for fact I don't have the experience. I just graduated college 6 months ago. :)
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I work in IT entry level and I work in User Access & Controls. I have done my entry level certs along with my CCNA and CEH. However, my manager doesn't give a **** about my CCNA at all as it is not "job related". I am looking for some good certifications that go along with my type of position which is Security Operations (User Access & Controls). I work in a primarily Windows server 2012 and Linux environment with different flavors of linux (Suse, AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris). I have my CCNA Security as a goal to have a second path in case I want to leave this job and it will renew my CCNA R&S but I would also like to have a cert that is job related. Any suggestions? I have looked at SSCP but it is the same as my Security+ and I was planning on doing CISSP but I will need more experience before I can get it. Thanks guys!

I'd say go for SSCP. My resume was pulled from the stack at my current job because of it, and it's also opened doors to a few other opportunities. Some will hate on it, but the ROI has been huge for me.