Security Positions!

ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got this in my email today. I won't be applying, but I think many of you would be interested.

Hello,
We invite you to attend Blue Canopy’s Interview Day on Wednesday, December 2, at our Reston office, 11091 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 777, Reston, VA 20190.
You will have an opportunity to interview with hiring managers for our new projects at the U.S. Treasury Dept. & Dept. of Education in Washington, DC. ; and FDIC in Arlington, VA.
SOC or NOC experience is required.
We have several positions open for Security Engineers, Security Analysts, Forensics Analysts, Incident Response, SIEM, etc.
If interested, please reply with your resume & salary range ; and please select a half-hour time slot between 3PM and 6:30 PM when you can interview on Wednesday, Dec. 2, at our Reston office.

Best regards,

Comments

• CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sweet!

Just be aware there was a similar unsolicited email being sent to security professionals awhile back that people were sending resumes and personal info to in order to get the "official invite" to an event for jobs.

Always know who is receiving your info on the other end.

If you think its legit then good luck!
  • yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A Reston location company emailing you in Hawaii? ....maybe someone is just putting out blind emails and collect resume on site. lolz
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is pretty typical as I subscribe or at least know who the emails are from, regardless of where I work.
  • yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did not know that you subscribed...If I were near, I would drop by during lunch. Unfortunately, I am close to 2 hours away that day.

Thank you so much for sharing....
    This is pretty typical as I subscribe or at least know who the emails are from, regardless of where I work.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I meant the email was pretty typical as I receive many like it. I will be in NOVA area soon!