Beginning Linux+ (LX0-103, LX0-104)

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi Folks,

I am beginning my Linux+.

Study Material used

- CompTIA Linux+ Powered by Linux Professional Institute Study Guide: Exam LX0-103 and Exam LX0-104 (Comptia Linux + Study Guide) Christine Bresnahan
- CBT Nuggets - LPI Linux LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+ Prep
- I have a laptop that I will put linux on it and use this extensively for studying
- VirtualBox with the following distros - Centos6.5 Desktop, Centos 7 Desktop, Unbuntu 14.04 LTS server, Xbuntu 14.04 desktop

Have I missed anything or am I good to go with these

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Check out Linux Academy. They have great courses!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Check out Linux Academy. They're course is great!

Hi James,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look at it

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    I'm also studying for Linux+.

The only resources I'm using that you haven't listed is the CBT Nuggets: Linux Essentials by Shawn Powers.

It seems to go along well with Chapter 1 of the LPI Study Guide we both have.

Best of luck.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Hi Hannism,

Best of luck with your studies

Eamonn
  • momoliciousmomolicious Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OP,

I'm also studying for Linux+. I've been watching Shawn Power's CBT Nugget, the LPIC prep, as I wait for my Sybex Linux+ 103/104 study guide.

I also signed up for Linux Academy, but kind of regret it. Great community, but I wasn't really feeling it. In addition, their videos are out of date. It may not be a big difference, buy their topics are following LX0-101 and 102.

Of course, a CBT Nugget subscription cost a lot more, but they do offer a 7 day trial. I'm hoping I can get by with their 7 day trial and not have to pay for more time. If anything, the free trial definitely helps with diving into the material.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They added the new topics to the bottom of the list. I scrolled all the way down and the title says, "2015 Objective Updates"
    It looks like the 101/102 information stayed the same for the new exams. I might not be 100% correct though.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****