Options

CCDP Exam Query

singhamrindersinghamrinder Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have a query regarding CCDP exam. I cleared CCNP (Routing and Switching) in mid January 2015 with exam codes below (before new exam came in).

Switch 642 813
Route 642 902
TShoot 642 832

I want to appear for CCDP. I checked on Cisco website and to my understanding I need to appear for ARCH exam only to get CCDP certification.

My query is am I eligible for new ARCH exam (300-320 ARCH) as last date for ARCH exam (642-874 ARCH) December 14, 2015 or I have to write 300-115 SWITCH and 300-101 ROUTE again to get CCDP?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I am about 80% sure that "a valid CCNP and ARCH will get you CCDP."
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    could someone confirm this? My CCNP was completed back in 2011, i've got the CCDA last year and would like to possibly go for the ARCH exam if it will certify for CCDP without having to redo the SWITCH and ROUTE exam.
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    I'm 90% sure that you will need a CCDA in order to receive the CCDP certificate.
  • Options
    singhamrindersinghamrinder Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

Here is an update. I called Cisco for query regarding CCDP exam. They advised me to appear for CCDA first and then CCDP Arch only to get CCDP certification.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Yes, you will need CCDA + Arch exam or CCIE + Arch exam.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Yes, you will need CCDA + Arch exam or CCIE + Arch exam.

Yeah, I like this. Just do the CCIE, makes getting all those other certs much easier ;)
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM