Failed ROUTE

fitzybhoyfitzybhoy Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
First attempt today 726. Pretty gutted but also only myself to blame. Wasn't concentrating fully and pressed NEXT and missed a whole simlet question!!!

A few questions not covered by the OCG which was very disappointing. Having got Diane Teare book for the previous track, I feel the new series is lacking in coverage. Will double up on both books for next time.

Just a heads up for anyone else. Got my scorecard here and average 74% for all topics bar Network Principles which I got 50%.

Comments

• White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    I never expect to pass a cisco exam on the first try. My first attempt I use to gauge what I dont know.

No big deal, prep again and knock it out!
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bummer that you failed, but now you have a solid gauge of the exam. A little polishing and I am sure you will have it next time!
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might want to edit your post (NDA). That said, I used both the 300 OCG and 642 FLG to prepare for the 642 series exam. I took it a few days before they retired it. The 642 FLG despite being for an older exam covered certain elements of IPv6 that the 300 OCG did not cover well or at all. You might want to check out PP 96-98 of the CCIE OCG (You can sign up for a trial at Safari Books and read sections from multiple books dealing with the topics you had difficulty with) as I couldn't find PPPoE in either the 642 FLG or 300 OCG. It is listed (or was listed) as a ROUTE topic, so it is fair game.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • fitzybhoyfitzybhoy Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OP edited to remove possible NDA breaches. You're right, it's a topic therefore fair game. But by the same token, if it's a topic, then it's not unreasonable to expect it to be covered in official literature. Got they Bryant videos on sale yesterday and already in his first couple of videos he's right on top of TCP and PPPoE.
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Im studying Route right now. Im realizing i really really need to practice more. How was the test? Major topics tested on? Much subnetting? just curious. And dont feel bad man its not meant to be passed. It happens, and when you pass it next time, you will way more happy and respectful of the cert. I at this time wouldnt pass it. for sure lol But im not done studying either haha
    fitzybhoy wrote: »
    But by the same token, if it's a topic, then it's not unreasonable to expect it to be covered in official literature.

I completely agree. Every topic on the official exam topics should be covered, especially topics that were not on the previous version of the exam (e.g. PPPoE, EIGRP Named Mode, etc...)
    Im studying Route right now. Im realizing i really really need to practice more. How was the test? Major topics tested on? Much subnetting? just curious. And dont feel bad man its not meant to be passed. It happens, and when you pass it next time, you will way more happy and respectful of the cert. I at this time wouldnt pass it. for sure lol But im not done studying either haha

Is this your first CCNP Exam? If so, you will discover that it is different than the CCNA. You might not only be expected to configure a certain technology/protocol, but also determine from the wording of the question which technology/protocol you are supposed to configure.
  • fitzybhoyfitzybhoy Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another attempt today. Brushed up on things from last attempt. 885.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another attempt today. Brushed up on things from last attempt. 885.

Well done! Did you do Route first or are you already done with Switch?
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pressed NEXT and missed a whole simlet question!!!
    Ouch. I feel for you on that one icon_sad.gif
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)