CCNA DC, DCICT - 640-916 Failed

Sat the 640-916 today, failed the exam with a 720 - pass mark was 792. I've used the CBT Nugget series, read the book and watched the INE video series. Quite annoyed firstly at the fail as alot of the questions I did not even see mentioned in Practice Exams or the study materials such as WAAS and creating VM's and ESXi hosts.. anyway going to brush myself down and then get back onto it!

Thinking of purchasing an IPExpert IP Video Pass - can anyone recommend this? I think I need to use another source to study - I wasn't too far away, I think if I brush up more on UCS, WAAS and Virtualisation like VM's, VEM's and VSM I will pass it next time..
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can def recommend Ipexpert. Jason's CBT seems great. I'm gonna reboot my 916 studies after I finish CCDA. I'm going to focus on Jason's CCNA:DC CBTs and lab it out (i bought some dc lab tokens) After that I'm going to revisit the OCG.

edit:
    I studied Nuggets 911 and Lammle's 911 book. I passed, but there were a lot of things I wasn't comfortable with. Going in, I thought I was gonna ace it, lol.

I kicked off my 916 studied by watching the 916 Nugget, and realized that many of the questions I had trouble with on the exam were covered in that. After that I watched the 642-997 Nugget.

Then, I started going through the OCG, but I just felt that it was becoming too abstract and I was learning stuff by heart, but didn't gain real understanding. I have very little real world experience with Nexus and none with UCS, so I realized I'm going to have to take a step back and re-evalute my study plan.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Have you used these yourself then? I have started to go through these and I have been very impressed!!

I've been thrown the CBT Nuggets, OCG and will go through these iPExpert videos and hopefully I can pass second time around. One thing that annoys me the most is the product specific questions and 1/2 questions on VMWare ESXi - crazy!

I recommend keeping on it mate, not found many people who have the cert!
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have, though I haven't viewed them all yet. I really like it so far. The focus seems much more practical than the Nuggets. It's probably not a bad idea to get the mile-high view from the Nuggets beforehand, though.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Hi Guys, had my resit today and passed with 879! Basically purchased an IPExpert subscription and then studied hard through their CCNA, CCNP and CCIE DC videos! :)