Salary Guide 2016

Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Same thought as always. Take the info from the people trying to sell you something with a grain of salt. Nice to see salaries aren't falling though!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IT salaries are looking good as a whole! It's really nice to see HelpDesk roles picking up 5-6% though!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Information Systems Security Manager $129,750 - $182,000 6.2% $115,250 - $152,500 4.7%

Hahah I wish.
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    Information Systems Security Manager $129,750 - $182,000 6.2% $115,250 - $152,500 4.7%

Hahah I wish.

Me too! Although, our ISSM is over $120k somehow.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Early in my career I took one of these to my manager to show him how underpaid I was. He laughed and sent me back to my desk, hahahaha.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mow wrote: »
    Early in my career I took one of these to my manager to show him how underpaid I was. He laughed and sent me back to my desk, hahahaha.

Hey boss, the internet says i'm underpaid. You can trust it as the webpage had a green padlock icon_lol.gif
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wish they'd do something similar for UK - but even then, I work in a VERY cheap area. I make over double the average UK salary - so I don't suppose I'm doing too bad in all reality.
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not "from" Cisco, it is from Robert Half Staffing so the numbers would be pulled from their data. Two things though, first Robert Half has a lot of upscale clients that pay slightly better and second, those numbers might reflect what Robert Half is paid or is salary plus their commission. All in all I don't think those are to unrealistic as I know people making both top end and bottom end of those salaries. Biggest issue is for people in dual or JOAT roles. Currently I am tier 3 but also wear a Network Admin, Systems Admin, PM and vCIO hats depending on the project, client or issue...but guess which one I'm paid like.....lol
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If somebody could confirm these salaries are realistic, then I missed something in my career...
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's certainly realistic for my position, but location plays into that.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The low-end of all those jobs look more like the average based on what I've seen.

But you never know how they calc these things. CompTIA I think put average salaries of their A+, N+, and S+ holders. I believe the A+ was around 70k, N+ 80k, and S+ 90k, which may be true but there's really no correlation between getting that cert and earning that salary afterwards.