Fundamentals of Information Security for SSCP good for SY0-401?

Networking_StudentNetworking_Student Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
So this quarter I've wrapped up my Security Fundamentals course, and utilized sybex's Fundamentals of Information Security book with Sybex's digital lab.

• ISBN-13: 9781284031621

Fundamentals of Information Systems Security

The course and book is mapped for SSCP certification, but given I don't meet requirements for SSCP certification even if I pass the test, I plan to take the Sec+.

Is there anything additional I should study on before challenging the Sec+ exam?
Working on my MCSD: Windows Store Apps
WGU-Software Development Student

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I admire your attitude. Nothing wrong with going beyond the exam blueprint when studying. The GSEC books could be useful as well. There also "Information Security the complete reference 2nd Edition" by Mark Rhodes-Ousley which also makes a great reference generally. I found the "Security in Computing" by Pfleeger, Pfleeger and Marguiles a good general book, too.

The more you read, the wider you read, the easier the Sec+ will be. But it might leave you wanting more ;)
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is there anything additional I should study on before challenging the Sec+ exam?

Yes, Get a current Security+ Book!
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    wd40 wrote: »
    Yes, Get a current Security+ Book!

Yeah, that, too :) And some practice tests. Not sure who the go to is for SY0-401 practice tests. I generally just did whatever came with the book.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM