My CISM Review QAE 2014 scores. Need some opinion from CISM holders.

tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I just completed the CISM Review QAE 2014 and my scores are:-

Domain 1 Information Security Governance - 73%
Domain 2 Information Risk Management and Compliance- 70%
Domain 3 Information Security Program Development and Management- 71%
Domain 4 Information Security Incident Management - 69%
Sample Test - 83%

Honest opinion, how will I fair in the exam? Some of the questions in the QAE are same repeated question but I still get them wrong though icon_sad.gif

How similar are the questions on the QAE as compared to the real exam?

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The "tone" of the questions are the same but obviously not the same questions. Aim for 70-80% on the practice questions and you will do just fine on the real thing.
  • tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Second attempt on the QAE book.

Domain 1 Information Security Governance - 81%
    Domain 2 Information Risk Management and Compliance- 80%
    Domain 3 Information Security Program Development and Management- 80
    Domain 4 Information Security Incident Management - 82%
    Sample Test - 94%

Pretty comfortable with it. Let's see what's in store tomorrow. :)
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's on a bell curve my man, you're doing as well (or as poorly) as the schmuck sitting next to you. If you want to artificially inflate your score some, do some kind of random thing to throw his game off like coughing constantly, tapping the table constantly, hiccuping constantly, etc. His lower score is your higher score!
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Anyone trying that sort of $€£! sitting next to me will have a brief chat with the proctor and I'll want a word afterwards.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tongy wrote: »
    Anyone trying that sort of $€£! sitting next to me will have a brief chat with the proctor and I'll want a word afterwards.

But those in the Asia Pacific region took the exam earlier due to time zone difference can try to disturb the rest in the European and US time zones. icon_cool.gif

Anyway, all the best for the exam!
  • tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone care to explain how the bell curve thingy works?

Thanks!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As I understand, ISACA will normalise the results into a bell curve and assign a score between 200 and 800. Which means that your final score is dependent on how you perform as compared to your peers. You may get 60% in the exam and still have a top 5% score as everyone else did worse.

Which means you can inflate your score somehow by distracting others during the exam. Or give wrong advice to others in this forum. :) No one is doing the latter though.