Options

Exam 70-410, 411 and 412

Ross.CrawfordRoss.Crawford Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of planning my study for the above 3 MCSA exams. Can anyone recommend any study materials that they found particularly helpful in preparing for the exam?

Thanks in Advance,

RC

Comments

• Options
    Ataxic8338Ataxic8338 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey!

I use the following resources, I have the 410 and 411 exam done, Im sitting the 412 this friday.

Plural-sight - Greg Shields
    CBT Nuggets - James Conrad
    Microsoft Exam Reference Guides (Official Exam Study Material)
    Youtube - Provides some really good insight into your exams and how you can mentally prepare for them.
    Practice Exam Questions - An invaluable resource for providing you with some idea of how questions are phrased.
    Written notes - Reading your own handwriting somehow makes you believe and remember things even more.

I use these studying techniques...

1) Watch an exam topic on pluralsight EG. ( 70-412 - Identity and Access solutions)
    2) Watch the same topic again with CBT Nuggets.
    3) Read the Microsoft Press books on the same topic.
    4) Write down all powershell commands you see on the topic.
    5) Write down or printscreen key parts of the videos such as commands or dialogue boxes with key information. EG ADCS has alot of tabs and you need to know what they all do, annoying but necessary.
    6) Internet research on anything you are still unsure about on all of that^

*As an important note, I would take a topic and cover it well for a week (or a handful of topics as the 410 covers alot of places in very little depth.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The official training guides helped me a lot, many labs. Poulton's 70-410 book was also helpful. Didn't find sybex or exam refs useful.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)