Microsoft's offering Linux on Azure Cert

hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
Pretty interesting, I think. Here's the source: Microsoft offers new certification for Linux on Azure

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Saw that in my feed. Big move by Microsoft, 10 years ago I couldn't have imagined that this will ever happen.

That's what beneficial consecutive market failures, stupid management decisions and mass layoffs do to a company! It turns from obnoxious and arrogant to polite and receptive, lol!
  • someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Microsoft certifies that you are good to work on Linux icon_cheers.gif
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Sweet. I might just put that on my 2016 list.

It's a pity it's just the LFCS, since other certs probably represent more knowledge. Anyone know if there are other pathways to LFCS?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Microsoft sure has grown up huh.. D'aww icon_cool.gif
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm.. think I will upgrade my MCSA 2008 to 2012 first. This has been on my to-do list since 2013.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm just glad they chose a sensible third party. Let's not forget for Windows 7 they originally wanted you to get an HDI certification. Which is around $500-600.

LFCS is only $179 and I think a solid choice for people getting into Linux beyond the Linux+
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    I'm just glad they chose a sensible third party. Let's not forget for Windows 7 they originally wanted you to get an HDI certification. Which is around $500-600.

LFCS is only $179 and I think a solid choice for people getting into Linux beyond the Linux+
    LFCS lasts only two years. Full price is $300. On occasions they give away discounts. Their training material is an add-on, additional $500 for a stack of web-only slides that you can access for a year. Starting Feb.2nd they tough the exam up by adding half of the objectives from their Engineer exam.
    On the other hand, it's a performance- based exam that you can take at home. If you don't enjoy being nitpicked on options of a command that you just can't remember at exam time but you need to certify on Linux, this may be something interesting.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds interesting glad to see Microsoft branching out more. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's a pretty funny thing to see Microsoft embrace Linux, (and open source Visual Studio for that matter, I'm half-expecting Satan to hit me with a snowball any second now,) but the reality is a bit more mundane: you take the Linux Foundation Certified Sysadmin cert, along with the 70-533 exam, then fill out some paperwork to get the MCSA. It's not unlike the process to get Linux+/LPIC-1 certified. Three certs (MCTS on Azure, MCSA, and LFCS) for the price of two, though, not a bad deal. . . especially considering that the Linux Foundation is offering a sweet deal on training and the exam cost right now.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Holy crap, that is strangely awesome. I wanted to get a Linux cert in 2016. I have already passed 70-533 so this seals the deal :D
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA