Options

2 days to go CISM :Final Advice

sbilalsbilal Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear All

Only two days to go for the exam. Is there any final advice for how to do good in exam? Please advice.

Thanks
icon_redface.gif

Comments

• Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    I'm taking the exam on Saturday as well. I have the other C certs from ISACA and I found that the best resource for me was the job practice areas for each: CISM Job Practice Areas

Review each area and make sure that you can describe them to yourself. If you're unsure as to how to describe an area (in ISACA terms), focus your efforts there.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply and i also feel that one should know the Job practice area which are referenced as task and knowledge statements in RM. But maximum votes on this forum is for the QA database as a good resource.
    What is your view?
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    I've never used the QA database, but it certainly seems to be a popular study resource.

I'm concerned that I'll learn the questions and won't learn the material. As the QA database doesn't (appear) to have the same questions as the actual test, I think it may not be a good fit for me. Everybody is different though and if you can use it to identify your strengths and weaknesses, go for it.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Practice questions from the DB. They will get you thinking the Isaca wayicon_lol.gif Good luck
  • Options
    Practice questions from the DB. They will get you thinking the Isaca wayicon_lol.gif Good luck

Hi Dustervoice

I am averaging 74% in DB so far. Reading the explanation for the questions which I am getting wrong.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    2 days before? Dumping isn't going to help a lot at this point. Relax, get some good rest over the next two days, and bust it out.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am not advocating "dumping" im saying read questions to sharpen your understanding of the tone of Isaca questions. Not memorizing questions that obviously wont be on the test.
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    All the study is done, maybe a last review - now all remains is to take the test you've been preparing for for at least 3.5 months (some much longer...)

Good luck everyone - see y'all on the other side ;)