Is 3 Weeks Enough Time?

galad2003galad2003 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I got a job offer but it is contingent upon me passing the 70-680 and 70-685 within 3 weeks of getting the job. While I have 5 years of Windows 7 experience I don't think that is enough time to study and pass 2 exams. Thoughts? I don't want to leave my current job and then get fired from this other job because the employer has unrealistic expectations.

I think 4 weeks per exam would be more realistic.

Comments

• gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, that would be really pushing it, not sure you could get one of them in 3 weeks much less both.

How many hours per day can you devote?
  • SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    I'm like you and I'm sure we are very very skilled at Windows 7, but that time frame is pretty rough... I don't think I would do it.

Or you can go back to them and try to negotiate for the time needed. Like gncsmith said it probably really depends on how many hours you can spend on the objectives.
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • galad2003galad2003 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a single guy so I can buckle down and spend all my free time for evenings and weekends....I can power through that but I don't know if they will let me study at work when I start. They are providing training videos....not sure what that will entail. Probably Train Signal or Professor Messer.

I am going to reply back to them and ask for more time, if they refuse I will turn down the offer. They are a small firm who just got a government contact and I suspect they promised the world to get it. If they are that unrealistic from the start then that will just be a sign of things to come in the future and I will be better off turning it down.
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    The company that wants to hire you obviously has no idea what's required in passing Microsoft exams if they are giving you just three weeks to pass both. If you scraped through them then what would that really accomplish ? Three weeks is nowhere near enough time to understand a product with a vast scope of features/technologies. Certainly not a proper understanding of the operating system. I have taken 2 months so far to study for 70-680 and I have spent 2-3 weeks on just the deployment part of it. All done hands on to get a proper understanding of it. Good luck !
  • joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, I hate to be a debbie downer but good luck. I failed the 70-643 three times before I passed that one. You might be able to do it if all you do is study for three weeks full time at work.