Passed LX103/LX104 today.

hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
Thanks everyone for the motivation.Took both Linux+ exams today.

LX0103 - 750/800
LX0104 - 630/800

Now, I'm going to take one day off and veg out on video games.

Tomorrow, I'm going to start on the RHSA.
Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP

Comments

• nivinivi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you please let us know what kind of prep material you used for exam.

thanks in advance!!
  • vanillagorilla3vanillagorilla3 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What did you use to study?

Also...what games will you be playing? I've been playing the Witcher 3 and waiting to get Fall Out 4.
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    nivi wrote: »
    Can you please let us know what kind of prep material you used for exam.

thanks in advance!!
    Congrats on the pass! What did you use to study?

I used:

CBT Nuggets: Linux Essentials (Shawn Powers)
    CBT Nuggets: Linux+ (Shawn Powers)
    CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide Exams LX0-103 and LX0-104 (Roderick Smith) - Initially I said LX0-101 and LX0-102, but it was LX0-103/LX0-104.

Before embarking on my journey, all I could do is spell Linux.

I studied four hours a day for about a month. Eight hours a day on weekends.

I gave up using Windows/Mac, and just used Linux as my desktop computer, too.

Without breaking NDA, all I can say is this exam is really freaking hard.

I thought I failed LX-104. Luckily, I passed.

Your mileage may vary.

Also...what games will you be playing? I've been playing the Witcher 3 and waiting to get Fall Out 4.

Probably, NCAA 2014 Football or Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    I just signed up for linuxacademy.com last night.

I watched some of the videos for the linuxessentials and for the LPIC1.

I beat the Linux+ without linuxacademy, but I really wished I would've used it.

Having six servers that you can setup and ssh into are awesome. It had a beginner video on how to setup a virtualbox client, and what options to choose. Yes, basic stuff, but extremely helpful if you are beginning.