How was CRISC exam Dec 12th 2015?

corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
What did you think of the CRISC today? Overall I thought it was pretty easy similar to the CISM in June 2015.

It felt easier than the Q&A DB questions and I was done in about 2 hours. There were a few repeated/similar questions but I did not find the questions being generic and took long to comprehend as per other previous feedback from past exams. The majority of the questions did not have 2 arguably correct answers. However I did have about 18 questions I was unsure about.

Comments

• Pknight828Pknight828 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Overall it was a bit more difficult than I expected. The questions, although remotely similar to the DB, were a bit different in nature. The strategy to eliminate answers did work in most cases but there were some questions that were a bit more difficult to apply that method to. There were quite a few questions that had answers and topics that were not covered in the materials or any related readings/journals. That made me a bit nervous.

Overall I don't think I completely aced it, but I don't think I bombed it either.

I did go through the entire database where I saw every question and answered each correctly at least once at the very minimum. My trending score was roughly 90% and my last few practice exam scores were 83-90%.

I'm very hopeful to pass. It was my first ISACA experience and attempt at a verification.
    *certification
    autocorrect messed me up
  • DolphDolph Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Definitely more difficult than the Q&A which I was trending at around 95%. Plenty of questions were 50/50s and a few were pure guess work! I was surprised that the questions contained very little technical knowledge. I took just under 3 hours and about one third of the room remained when I left. Like CISM last Dec I walked out not knowing whether I'd pass or fail it - I got top 20% for CISM so hoping the same is true for CRISC!!!
    Did a few of the questions leave you pretty stumped? I definitely had a few that I really had to dig very deep in my brain to arrive at an answer lol (this being due to the fact that the material wasn't in any of the journals, guide, Q+A Book nor Database).
  • rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was stumped on the hot site questions icon_sad.gif
  • YtirucesYtiruces Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Felt like a lot of BIA and Risk Register
  • jtkuhlmanjtkuhlman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like most others, I found it to be quite challenging. It was easy to narrow down to two (2) answers, but from there it was a toss-up on many many questions. I began questioning my thought process/reasoning mid-way through. I had a similar experience with CGEIT (passed in 2012) although I failed that one miserably the first time I tried. The problem with these exams (and with the PgMP) I recently passed is that if I had the chance, I would take it again the next day without much additional study since the material itself isn't necessarily reflected in the exam. It seems to be more about how you are thinking/reacting/reasoning that PARTICULAR day. It's not like I didn't read that one paragraph well enough or didn't go through the DB enough, or forgot a specific formula...
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thought the exam questions were more straightforward and easier than the DB. was done in hour and a half. I either did really well or really poorly. With the CISSP, I literally had no clue until I flipped the printout over whether I passed or failed. CRISC I am 85-90% sure I passed ( always some doubt lol) I guess we will find out sometime between now and 02/06/16
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • dig1taldig1tal Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was my first ISACA exam and I was surprised about the format/environment....did I just $400 to take a pencil and paper exam in a hotel with my personal belongings stored out in an open hallway?!!

Overall, I felt that I did well on the exam and really enjoyed the business continuity related questions.
  • rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    three weeks from today we will find out about CRISC. If I don't pass, I am not sure I will take it again. Good luck everyone and I have a feeling in two weeks this forum will be flooded again
  • osfposfp Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it's gonna be in 2 weeks from now. I guess that on 28 or 29 of January we will get the results!!
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rohit10 wrote: »
    three weeks from today we will find out about CRISC. If I don't pass, I am not sure I will take it again. Good luck everyone and I have a feeling in two weeks this forum will be flooded again

3 weeks, February 5,2016
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke