CBT Nuggets - CCNA Security

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
If anyone is interested, CBT Nuggets has the CCNA Security 210-260 IIS on their site now. They claim 1 week free trial, cancel before the week is over before they charge you $99. If you want to that is:

https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training/cisco-ccna-security-210-260
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i started it, pretty good stuff, I'm also using Skillport
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow, Nice!!

Will definitely have to check this out.

but QUESTION about CBtnuggets:
    How does the stream-function work?

Do i have to install some kind of Client? or does it just play with Flash/HTML5?

and Do i have to always 'click' (with the mouse) to advance to the next video?

Or can i hit play (once) and then sit back on the couch and Binge watch (ala Netflix)?

thanks!
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    @volfkhat

You can stream via a browser or you can use their app. I prefer streaming in a browser. The app has some quirks and sometimes crashes.

As a side note CBT Nuggets has two excellent instructors for CISCO products. Keith Barker and Jeremy Cioara are both excellent instructors. I find Keith is right on the money with how he trains. And Jeremy...well he LOVES all things CISCO. His passion for CISCO is infectious and makes you want to study.

CBT Nuggets truly shines in the CISCO realm. It's worth the high monthly cost.
    Thanks Chinook!

Do you remember if the web browser has autoplay functionality?
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Chinook wrote: »
    @volfkhat

You can stream via a browser or you can use their app. I prefer streaming in a browser. The app has some quirks and sometimes crashes.

As a side note CBT Nuggets has two excellent instructors for CISCO products. Keith Barker and Jeremy Cioara are both excellent instructors. I find Keith is right on the money with how he trains. And Jeremy...well he LOVES all things CISCO. His passion for CISCO is infectious and makes you want to study.

CBT Nuggets truly shines in the CISCO realm. It's worth the high monthly cost.

Jeremy's passion helped me pass my CCNA R&S
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    volfkhat wrote: »
    Thanks Chinook!

Do you remember if the web browser has autoplay functionality?

I don't think it does but I've never noticed. The app has the ability to download up to 20 nuggets & watch if you are offline (great for commuting). I generally watched them on my iPhone or iPad & never had issues.

@Mike_Mike. Same for me. I just started watching Jeremy's nuggets out of curiosity. A year later I had my CCNA R&S and Security. While I'm a Linux focused person, I really like James Conrad as a trainer. The only thing I don't like is prior to nuggets being limited to 30 minutes, he made some very long nuggets. Can't sleep. 65 minutes of James talking about DNS will cure your insomnia.
    lol
    (cure for insominia, funny)

So when you say "20 nuggets".... do you mean the individual videos?

For Example, the CCNA:Sec is made up of 38 vids (currently).
    So.... i can download the first 20 to my tablet (android), and watch them as i have the time.

Then, i can "FLUSH" them and download the remaining 18 (and keep going).

Is that what you mean?
    volfkhat wrote: »
    For Example, the CCNA:Sec is made up of 38 vids (currently).
    So.... i can download the first 20 to my tablet (android), and watch them as i have the time.

Then, i can "FLUSH" them and download the remaining 18 (and keep going).
    Is that what you mean?

Anybody?
  • sidninjasidninja Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Jeremy's passion helped me pass my CCNA R&S
    this is true for me too !
    Always keep learning and have a positive attitude - never be rude or insulting and you will be blessed.
    Have faith in God and you can't go wrong.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn if you want - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidbloodsaw/
    :cool:
  • bsjj27bsjj27 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info