Options

CCIE R&S Troubleshooting: Micronics vs INE

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
Each website has a video training course for troubleshooting specifically. Any recommendations on which one I should buy? I am leaning toward Micronics but I want to make sure I am getting my money's worth. They are both 300 I believe.
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I think Micronics is more geared towards bootcamps and workbooks. Not so much CCIE training videos. As far as bootcamps and workbooks, Micronics is the best :) If you want to watch for VODs, go ahead and get INE. You probably could skip the bootcamp with INE since I've seen a lot of people go to INE's bootcamp and say they got as much out of the videos.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Correction, yes. Workbooks! Out of it today apparently... :). Based on your recommendation, Micronics it is!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Definitely Micronics. If you end up going to the bootcamp, they give you the workbooks as part of it. If you buy the workbooks first, then they'll deduct that amount off the bootcamp cost down the road when you decide to go.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    I saw you mentioned Narbik's Zero to Hero for Security. I feel I may, in the near future, consider their bootcamp as it seems IPExpert's bootcamp is less than optimal, while INE's is decent, based on user experience.

The only thing I don't like about the purchase is the fact they use Locklizard for their DRM. Not saying I'll go past putting this on just my Mac and Surface pro, but in the case I have to move it, I feel the licensing may break. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    Is this for Route and Switch that you're talking about? The Zero to Hero is only available for two tracks: Security and Data Center. I only have personal experience with the Security track for Zero to Hero and for the data center one, no personal experience. Just a couple friends who tried it out. Terry Vinson is the instructor for that one and it really depends if he's your style. I've seen people that love or hate him. Check YouTube and get an idea of his teaching style. For the Security one, I couldn't find any videos of Piotr so I was taking a chance on a style of teaching but it worked out well and I love it.

IPExpert has the 10 day bootcamp which is really fairly priced (1,999) but beyond price, I can't comment one way or another on it since I haven't gone to that one or met the instructor. Again, I've heard good things but no personal experience. I might end up going to them as a "warm up" for Narbik's since their sales tend to have $1,500 R&S bootcamps here and there. I'm thinking 10 days online doing troubleshooting and labs with IPExpert and pay that out of pocket and have work pay for Narbiks since his bootcamp is unlike any other... INE's bootcamps have been reduced to 7 days (used to be 10 days) and they're still charging the same price of $4,990. Both IPX and INE do not take learning credits. Micronics will though.

As far as LockLizard, I put it on like 4 devices. You just need to email them and they give you more licenses. They just don't want their stuff to end up on the internet somewhere which is understandable which is why they don't release in it PDF format.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931