group policy add network drive

hi i built a server 2012 in lab environment added created a active directory and dns. setup a group policy to add network drive. i added computer to domain that work login and and the user that works the group policy to add network drive works. but when another user login with a different network drive profile it doesn't remove the old network drive profile. both drive shows up. this test was done on the one machine. am i missing a setting. the policy works adds the drive but doesn't remove the drive when the user log off.

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have just one user folder per user you'll want to set them up in the user's AD properties. If you have more than one I've always wrote a batch with net use that runs on user login, that's also set in user AD properties. You'd set OU or global network drives as gpo's. For example, if you want the Sales group to have a sales folder you could put all the users in a sales OU and create a gpo mapping for them. You could also do this through batch script on a per user basis and use a sales user as a template when a sales employee is added. It's pretty versatile and depending on the environment, mainly the number of users and groups, one might be preferred over the other.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)