signumfideisignumfidei Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed the 70-533 Implementing Azure solutions. icon_cheers.gif
My first MS exam !!!

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just passed the 70-533 Implementing Azure solutions. icon_cheers.gif
    My first MS exam !!!

What resources did you use?
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • signumfideisignumfidei Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets, MS VA, but mostly getting my hands dirty and building in Azure.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    did u use the free 30 days?
    I used lots of free 30 days.
  • meestaplunkmeestaplunk Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is the new Azure Resource Manager model tested on the exam now?

Not sure if I should study Classic or ARM.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Are you going to do the 532 and 534 to complete the MCSD Azure?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    Is the new Azure Resource Manager model tested on the exam now?

Not sure if I should study Classic or ARM.

I dont think either mode is important for the study. The exam was more about process than function. For example, one question was something like, how do you set up a site to site vpn. This is something I have done a number of times in my lab so I knew the answer.
    Other questions were more about knowing the difference between the VM sizes, basic vs standard, and the web hosting plans.

I did spend a lot of time in Azure, at least 80-100 hours hands on, building my lab, tearing it down (which was tricky) and rebuilding it using powershell. Cloud9 and the Microsoft Virtual Academy were great resources for free.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Are you going to do the 532 and 534 to complete the MCSD Azure?

That's a good question. I dont like the MCSD Azure certification because I don't think this qualification is realistic in the real world for me.
    I am an Enterprise/Solutions Architect and after starting to study for the Architect exam 534, and it seems the best way to prepare for the 534 is to pass 533 first. The actual development of solutions is not something I have done, or am likely to do, so I would only be passing the exam purely to get the cert.

In some ways the 533 covered topics not relevant to me either. I am unlikely to deal with service bus for example.

However, I now need to pass the 70-410 for Microsoft Partner levels, but after that I might restart my studies for the 534 unless I complete my MCSA in Windows 2012 first.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    Congratulations!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel