Laptop Technician

Hi, Is there any hands on or cert for laptops. Searched the web but nothing appears of any use.
Graham
Try til it hurts then try some more

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Dell has one that's Dell specific. It might be desktop/laptop and not just laptop - I don't remember. I'm sure the other vendors have them too but I'm not familiar with them.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ACPT is for portables and technically would include Apple notebooks as well, but this is an Apple cert and I don't know of many people besides me on the forums that is currently going for these. So yeah, otherwise there is the Dell cert. I know someone with that who goes to people's houses on behalf of Dell to fix their laptops.
  • Nathan of GothTechNathan of GothTech Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a few dell cert (Dell Contract Technician) the certs are a online format, it a open book it you do it right. the A+ is all I have seen asfare as not vendor supplyed if you want to see the certs for dell go here http://dcse.dell.com/
    Nathan

A+ ,Network+ ,Dell 2005 F Desktops
  • jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Comptia's New A+ in 2007 will include some laptop information and technical info about that subject.
  • oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the info, I will use it. As laptops/notebooks are now starting to equal P.C ownership levels it follows that techs are required in this field but I don't see alot of training available.
    Graham
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • phucdullphucdull Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why don't you have any thread for HDSE, DISM... in Aptech Certification?.
    I need a topic like this to ask you more. icon_evil.gif
    Life's Good!
    //Sorry for my terrible English.