Confused About These Practice Questions...

VideshiVideshi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I've been downloading/viewing as many 801 tests I can get my hands on lately, and I have these two questions I'm confused about. Either I'm misunderstanding something in these questions greatly, or I'm correct that they're actually misleading/incorrect questions.

Could you guys please help me with the below questions? The correct answers, according to these tests, have green text. My responses are in red.

1) Which of the following RAM types is used if it is labeled as 4 GB PC1333?
A. RAMBUS
B. DDR3
C. SDIMM
D. SIM

I think all of these answers are incorrect, because it should read "4 GB PC3-1333". Am I right? PC would be DDR/RDRAM, PC2 would be DDR2, PC3 is DDR3?

2) Which of the following provides the strongest wireless security method suitable for a SOHO network?Select one:
a. WEPv2
b. WPAv1 with Preshared Key
c. WPAv2 with RADIUS
d. All of the above provide equivalent security

I'm also certain this is also wrong, by virtue of how it's worded. The explanation off of the site for this answer was "WPA is stronger than WEP but a shared key is easier to configure than RADIUS authentication." As you can see, it didn't state which method was "easiest", it said "strongest". Doesn't that make the real answer "c.", or am I misunderstanding something?

So am I not understanding something, or are these questions just messed up?

Comments

• moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For number #1 its the 1333 part they want you to know which is DDR3 speed. RAMBUS, cannot meet those speeds and SDIMM is not a real thing and SIM is related to cell phones.
  • VideshiVideshi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    moe12 wrote: »
    For number #1 its the 1333 part they want you to know which is DDR3 speed. RAMBUS, cannot meet those speeds and SDIMM is not a real thing and SIM is related to cell phones.

Yeah, that's what I thought. However - there is no PC1333, correct? It should read PC3-1333, or is PC1333 still somehow proper format?
  • scottishkiwiscottishkiwi Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PC1333 is a correct format, the 1333 is referring to the speed which as moe12 said above is not a possible speed for RAMBUS or SDIMM.

In regards to the security question, the details are in the question. RADIUS is not something that would be used on a SOHO network so should not be considered a possible answer which only leaves you a choice of WEP vs WPA.. hence why WPA is correct.
    2016 : CompTIA Network+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Storage+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Security+ (Feb) [X], Cisco ICND1 (Feb) [X], MS 70-410 (Mar) [X], Cisco ICND2 (Mar) [X], Juniper JNCIA-Junos (Apr) [ ], Amazon AWS CSA (Apr) [ ], VMWare VCP-DCV (May) [X], MS 70-409 (May) [X], MS 70-411+412 (May) [ ]
    2015 : ITIL Foundations (Dec) [X], PRINCE2 Foundation (Dec) [X], CompTIA A+ (Dec) [X]
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Videshi wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I've been downloading/viewing as many 801 tests I can get my hands on lately, and I have these two questions I'm confused about. Either I'm misunderstanding something in these questions greatly, or I'm correct that they're actually misleading/incorrect questions.

Could you guys please help me with the below questions? The correct answers, according to these tests, have green text. My responses are in red.

1) Which of the following RAM types is used if it is labeled as 4 GB PC1333?
    A. RAMBUS
    B. DDR3
    C. SDIMM
    D. SIM

I think all of these answers are incorrect, because it should read "4 GB PC3-1333". Am I right? PC would be DDR/RDRAM, PC2 would be DDR2, PC3 is DDR3?

2) Which of the following provides the strongest wireless security method suitable for a SOHO network?Select one:
    a. WEPv2
    b. WPAv1 with Preshared Key
    c. WPAv2 with RADIUS
    d. All of the above provide equivalent security

I'm also certain this is also wrong, by virtue of how it's worded. The explanation off of the site for this answer was "WPA is stronger than WEP but a shared key is easier to configure than RADIUS authentication." As you can see, it didn't state which method was "easiest", it said "strongest". Doesn't that make the real answer "c.", or am I misunderstanding something?

So am I not understanding something, or are these questions just messed up?

You have to really examine the question properly. The security question is asking you what is the best suitable wireless security method for a SOHO network. A SOHO network would not be using RADIUS with WPAv2. Instead, the best method out of the possible options would be WPAv1 with a PSK.
  • VideshiVideshi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Okay, I got it, thanks you guys! There sure are a lot of subtleties to memorize. I'm really looking forward to getting through the exams and getting into the field. I'd like to work in a hardware shop, honestly, and I've gone and spoken to the owners of two different places in town and offered to volunteer, but they say they just don't have enough work to go around at the moment.