CCNA R&S 200-120 Version Change?

mkazimkazi Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I just gave the CCNA R&S 200-120 exam and unfortunately i got a 765 (825 is passing i believe). I am looking to give it another shot as soon as i have the money.

I felt extremely confident while taking the exam and was almost positive that i got the MAJORITY of questions correct MINUS an ACL Configuration Simulator. Due to time, i had to completely skip that question.

How are the questions graded? There were 40 questions plus 2-3 lab (troubleshooting ) questions with 4-5 Sub-questions. Also, how do we know when there is a change in the EXAM VERSION? I hope it doesn't change anytime soon as i look forward to re-taking it soon after the New Year.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
"No person is your friend. No person is your enemy. Every person is your teacher." -unknown

Goals 2016: CCNA Sec OR CCNP R&S

Comments

• Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't believe it will be changing anytime soon. Cisco does a pretty good job giving advanced notice when an exam is changing and even if they announce a change you still have quite a while to take the current version.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you know the material, you shouldn't be worried about the versions. Typically those that are worried about the versions and not about the test series are those looking for **** material. Not saying you are, but that's typically where it lies. You generally know way ahead of time before the series are changed.

Also, be careful about posting any details about the exam. It's against the NDA. It just seems like you need more time to study and actually lab it out till you can do it by heart, then you'll have no doubt.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • mkazimkazi Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses.

Sorry if it came off as i am asking because of **** material but this is not the case, i can assure you as i have no money to buy these **** Material anyway. I had previously read online somewhere (Google search) about them removing material ("MPLS, SNMP")

I looked at the syllabus on Cisco's website also and i feel i need to focus most on ch.2 & 4 (Switching and routing) for obvious reason but i have been studying for 4+ months (while juggling an unpaid internship which gave me barely any hands of experience of anything so i think i need to do more of for the lab questions.

I just wanted to know if they change the amount lab questions if the version changes and what exactly happens. However, if this is considered to be "frowned upon" then i do apologize. Admin may delete this thread if he/she wishes.
    "No person is your friend. No person is your enemy. Every person is your teacher." -unknown

I wasn't accusing. Maybe we just understand terms differently, that's all. I know the Cisco NDA is pretty strict. The amount of types of questions you get varies from test to test, you just have to be overall comfortable with the presented material and you'll be fine.
  • mkazimkazi Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, sorry, i may have misunderstood. How about the scoring for each question? How many percent is each question worth or does it vary since there are Labs questions and multiple choice questions where i had to pick more than one answer. This really caught me off guard.

No one knows. I would venture to say the labs would be worth more than the word questions, but that would be just speculation.