Wife tech gift for XMAS?

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
My wife is definitely not technically inclined, but she had mentioned that the fit bit was a cool gadget. Mind you that it was over regular conversation so I am little hesitant to get her one. I think it would be easy enough for her to use, so I am looking right now.

What kind of tech or non tech gifts are you getting your significant others?

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A roomba you know that vacuum that cleans the floor by itself and goes back to its base. Nah she'd kill me lol. I'm not getting her anything technical she doesn't want an apple smart watch either. Best bet...jewelry.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My girlfriend actually wants a roomba haha. We already have a neato that I need to send off for repair. I keep telling her I'll do that before she spends 400-500 on a new one.

What about one of those thermometers that has an app. When something reaches temperature it sends you an alert through the phone or may even monitor real time temperature. I thought about one for myself for grilling. iGrill is what I was looking at.

Portable power bank for cellphone just in case
  • TWXTWX Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will never buy a vacuum or any other cleaning appliance for my wife for a gift.

If you want to buy her something techie, consider what would mesh well with what she already has and uses. A bluetooth accessory for the phone or laptop, or a USB accessory for the laptop, that sort of thing.
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    A roomba you know that vacuum that cleans the floor by itself and goes back to its base. Nah she'd kill me lol. I'm not getting her anything technical she doesn't want an apple smart watch either. Best bet...jewelry.

x2. My uncle has a similar one of those that mows his lawn for him, it does a great job too!
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    x2. My uncle has a similar one of those that mows his lawn for him, it does a great job too!

What the heck? Roombas cut grass now too, they're taking over the world along with the drones.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    We usually get each other fun toys off thinkgeek.com
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    never get a wife/gf a roomba (trust me).
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • FrankThFrankTh Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am replacing my wife's Fitbit with an Apple Watch. My wife, also a non-techie, mentioned that the Fitbit doesn't show time (at least not the one she has) and she can't wear nice clothing with it. So, I purchased one from BestBuy for $100 off. I was able to buy the watch, a sport band in her favorite color, and a dress band. I am hoping she enjoys it. If not, oops!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me