Passed my MCSA!

Ataxic8338Ataxic8338 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm now moving onto the 413 and 414 exams which look incredibly difficult based on the subjects. Anyone share any insight or experience on the exam or training materials used?

Cheers,

Kirk

Comments

• ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    Good work! what is your methods and recommendations for studying? THX
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Congrats mate! Same as me (MCSA wise) good luck on your future exams
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Ataxic8338Ataxic8338 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ed_003 wrote: »
    Good work! what is your methods and recommendations for studying? THX

Labbing, LOTS of labbing. Even if you are watching the videos thinking, yeah thats easy, I can do that. JUST DO IT ANYWAY. You will firmly implant it into your brain by watching then doing.

:)

Also know this, even experts make mistakes when configuring and setting up stuff, it takes them hours to prepare the labs for the 30 minutes you watch, bare that in mind.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man, please keep this thread up to date on how your next exams goes. That cert is on my to do list for next year.
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Very well done !
  • AdrianITAdrianIT Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well Done. Have mine booked on the 11th Jan (day before the Second shot offer runs out)
    \\2015: [x]ITIL [x]Become a dad [x]Move out my parents house! :)
    \\2016: [ ]70-410 [ ]70-411 [ ]70-412 [ ]Sec+ [ ]CISSP
  • bruunbruun Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats with your pass
    For the 70-413 you can buy the MS Press book but it's not enough to pass the 70-413 exam. I've used it as a index to check which topics appear on the exam. Unfortunately there aren't any other good books around. I've used Pluralsight, MeasureUp for preparation and alot of technet articles.

To pass the 70-413 and 70-414 exam i recommend you setup a test environment and start working with SCVMM and create a Azure trial to setup a hybrid cloud, in the beginning it might be a challenge but it's well worth it. Also make sure you fully understand how DNS+AD works.
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    Ataxic8338 wrote: »
    Labbing, LOTS of labbing. Even if you are watching the videos thinking, yeah thats easy, I can do that. JUST DO IT ANYWAY. You will firmly implant it into your brain by watching then doing.

:)

Also know this, even experts make mistakes when configuring and setting up stuff, it takes them hours to prepare the labs for the 30 minutes you watch, bare that in mind.

Awesome thank you !
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass and thanks for sharing. Could you maybe outline your experience from deciding to do these exams through to passing the last one and what your ultimate certification goals are related to this generation of Microsoft certs? I think that this sort of thing really helps out the folks at the beginning of the process! Thanks!
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's awesome that you passed the whole thing. Congrats and have yourself some drinks!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*