Structured course for Network+?

absaelabsael Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm eager to start studying for the Net+ exam, and I bought Meyers' book, but I don't do well with self-paced learning. I need a structured curriculum with deadlines.

I registered for a networking course at my local community college, based on their claim that the course would prepare me for the exam. I then discovered that the textbook (Dean's Network+ Guide to Networks, 6th ed.) covers N10-005.

I searched for other online community college courses, but didn't turn up anything. Does anyone know of a good online course that will prepare me for N10-006, that's not self-paced?

Edit: I should add that I'm not looking for an accelerated cram course. I work full time, and I may work on the Linux+ simultaneously, so I think a course length of about 8 to 16 weeks would be ideal.

Comments

• StarJackStarJack Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest you do not work on both simultaneously, pick one, and own it, then move on to the next. Myers has two books for N10-006, an all in one, and the Passport (more concise). Combine Myers book with Professor Messers videos for the N10-006. Keep checking this forum for other ideas. Best of luck to you.
  • FritzGFritzG Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Network+ Prep Course at Global Knowledge

Add "Live Online" and "Classroom" to your search and you'll see a few (expensive) options. If the local community college doesn't have it, maybe a 4 year school's adult education program might. Worth a shot anyway.

PS Network+ is like a giant kiddie pool. Wide as far as the eye can see and about a foot deep. Just look at the exam objectives for N10-006 and you'll see just how much is covered.
  • 4swifty4swifty Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer -- FREE - HE IS AWESOME - $20 for Study exam is worth it.
    PAID FOR Learnsmartsystems.com look for specials through groupon or living social