Options

Back at it, and online sims!

bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
I took some time off from studying due to some major upheaval Forum Actionsin my life. But, I have set up my office in my new home and am ready to start studying again. I am aiming to take the test by February 1st. BUT, I think I need to do about a week of review to pick up where I left off.

I bought the Mike Meyers labs and I am pretty unimpressed with them. Any suggestions?

A+ certified
Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
Working on: Network+

Comments

• Options
    KoreKore Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I studied for the Net+ I used the Sybex book by Todd Lammle. I like his writing style and it is very fluid.

I cannot make recommendations for Sims as I had a good amount of prior experience but the test is very theoretical. Definitely know your cabling....I made a few cables just for practice.

Book for the new exam: [HTML]http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1119021162,miniSiteCd-SYBEX.html[/HTML]
  • Options
    twistedkarmatwistedkarma Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm planning on taking the exam a week from today and I'm very confident with my current knowledge of the material. I used the following as reference and study resources:

Mike Meyers - CompTIA Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 6th Edition
    Mike Meyers - Lynda.com, CompTIA Network+ Exam Prep (N10-006)
    Professor Messer - CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Videos
    Professor Messer - CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Course Notes
    Keith Barker - CBTNuggets, CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Training Videos

I will likely use Mike Meyers' Total Tester CompTIA Network+ Practice Tests (800+ Questions) just to reinforce what I've learned throughout the process and verify my knowledge.