Passed 70-680

culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
Much harder than 70-687. Scored 841 but I thought I'd failed it. Now going to try to get 70-688 with the Windows 8.1 MCSA retirement date being put back.

Comments

• gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done mate! That's a good score. What did you use for prep?
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
    Cheers mate. I studied for two months. Some days a couple of hours and some days 7-8 hours. I have a virtual lab (Oracle Virtualbox) and a physical lab (two PCs connected together with a crossover cable). Used two great video playlists on Youtube...Professor Messer and ITfreetraining - check them out. Also bought the official MOAC books second hand on eBay. Labbed a quite a lot. Spent quite a bit of time deploying Win 7 using ImageX, via WDS, PXE boot etc. Used DISM to service images etc etc.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did the MOAC book include the lab guide? How did you find that? Were the labs useful? I feel like I need some structure for labbing.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cheers Davis. Pseudonym... The MOAC is two books. One is the course and the other is the labs. Really excellent although the deployment bit is a little bit scattered about.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !!!icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.