801 and 802 in a month?

lexlexlexlexlexlexlexlexlexlex Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I've been in the IT field for about 3-4 years already, I recently quit my job and looking for expanding my options. I'm am planning to take the exam on the 2nd week of January 2016. I have been watching a lot professor messer videos and reading e-books, I have been reviewing other materials too for about 8 hours per day and so far it's going well. I do notice that each review videos and books offers different varieties and I was wondering for those who had taken the both 801 and 802 exams if you can tell us what help broaden the path for the actual exam. Thanks, any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yes. If you have a bit of experience, and know some of the stuff already, then it's just a matter of powering through the books and doing and exercises/labs. When you are feeling ready, do a practice test. If you get 80%+ on that, you are probably ready for the real thing.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • scottishkiwiscottishkiwi Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't say for sure but will let you know next week.

I have a background in tech support from a few years ago and now that I am out of work have decided to take on the A+ along with a few others.

I've just crammed 2 exams in 1 week (ITIL & Prince2) with #2 exam tomorrow but then going to try book my 801 for Friday and 802 for Monday.. will give me Thursday to look over the objectives for 801 and the weekend for 802.

It's an entry level exam so if you have experience I'm assuming it should be fine.. although I did just read a post from another experienced person on this forum that said it was harder than he expected.. but he passed!
    2016 : CompTIA Network+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Storage+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Security+ (Feb) [X], Cisco ICND1 (Feb) [X], MS 70-410 (Mar) [X], Cisco ICND2 (Mar) [X], Juniper JNCIA-Junos (Apr) [ ], Amazon AWS CSA (Apr) [ ], VMWare VCP-DCV (May) [X], MS 70-409 (May) [X], MS 70-411+412 (May) [ ]
    2015 : ITIL Foundations (Dec) [X], PRINCE2 Foundation (Dec) [X], CompTIA A+ (Dec) [X]
  • derrick80801derrick80801 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a vet that is new to the IT world. I am very lucky to be apart of a program that helps us vet's get this training free. My question is are there any tips that can help me pass the first time.
  • SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    Two exams in a week or so? Well done. I wish I could clear my exams the same speed you did ;)