Do you frame your certs, or do you hide them in a drawer?

capwapcapwap Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Random pointless curiosity. All mine are in a file cabinet right now, but I've considered buying frames.

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I had two framed, since it was an optional extra (I think $5) when I got them. The rest are mostly piled together in the one spot, and a few are 'around here someplace'.

I think if I had something suitably impressive, or if I had some fancy business with an office where clients came in, I'd get it framed.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Strangely enough mine are in a drawer in my kitchen right next to the stove if a fire breaks out they will be the first things to burn.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In a drawer. That being said, when I pass my CCIE I'm ordering the plaque and might hang it outside the door so anyone coming to the house sees it. ;)
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    I store them on a folder, under D:\documents\papers haha

I only need a printed version when changing jobs so...

Btw, my score reports are kept on a drawer.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Saved on my work and home computer.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    All in a drawer.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It used to be fairly popular to frame your certifications 15 years ago, though I never did. However, I did want to get a three-cert frame and do MCP, MCSA, and MCSE just after the MCSA was created. I have my undergrad and grad diplomas on display and my CISSP is sitting underneath of them. In my view, those took much more time, effort, and dedication. The certs change so often anymore, I probably never will, especially since they are rarely provided as part of the process, anymore... you tend to have to pay extra.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I only have one at the moment and working on a few. But I will frame it since its the first cert I have and has played a big part in me getting the job I have now.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Used to not frame them, but this year have framed five of them and put on a wall in my room. Helps to fight depression, sometimes I tend to think that I'm worthless and a loser and stuff, but then I look at my certs and think like "well, at least some people endorsed my skills, maybe I'm not THAT worthless", lol

Also I plan to print second copies and stick them to the wall in my cube in a direct line of sight for the same purpose
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I want to frame them one day but they're all in a pile with their original mailing envelopes! icon_cool.gif

I'm proud of my CompTIA certifications that I attained in such a short amount of time!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I brought a sketch presentation booklet off amazon that holds 48 8.5x11 papers and I just organize them in there. When I get some expert level certs I might frame them.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No frames, they're all still in their original mailing envelopes (a couple not opened), all in a folder in the file cabinet.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Drawer... only thing I plan on framing are my degrees.

(just saw I hit 1,000 posts! icon_cool.gif)
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In a drawer...
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Only one I have framed is my GCIH because it was my first SANS cert. The rest are in my filing cabinet.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never been one to frame anything, or post them on a wall. I am proud of my certs and degree, but I don't need to remind myself or others. I am humble. Nor do I put letters after my name. The more abbreviations a person puts after his/her name on a business card or on linkedin the more of an @$$h0Le they are in my opinion. icon_study.gif May the force be with you.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Helps to fight depression, sometimes I tend to think that I'm worthless and a loser and stuff, but then I look at my certs and think like "well, at least some people endorsed my skills, maybe I'm not THAT worthless", lol

Dude, you are super skilled at technology! You are the farthest thing away from the definition loser in my book! Take care and keep your head up, man! If you ever need an ear, holler at me!!!

Edit: No Van Gogh stuff though... icon_lol.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is it bad that I just toss them? Everything can be validated online. Framing them seems meh and them just taking up space in a drawer seems pointless.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have too many to frame, though I do frame some of bigger ones, but they all are stacked at home waiting to be put up somewhere.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like to frame mine. It reminds me of the effort I put into achieving them. Also a good reminder to my wife when I lock myself in my office for extended periods of time for study.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All in a drawer. I got a frame when I finished my BS, then I put the framed diploma in the drawer too, ha.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danny069 wrote: »
    I've never been one to frame anything, or post them on a wall. I am proud of my certs and degree, but I don't need to remind myself or others. I am humble. Nor do I put letters after my name. The more abbreviations a person puts after his/her name on a business card or on linkedin the more of an @$$h0Le they are in my opinion. icon_study.gif May the force be with you.

Any reason you list them on here?
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Scan in then toss. Saved to some random file folder I don't remember until it's time to save the next scan and need to track it down....
    IaHawk wrote: »

Yeah they're not framed.

yea, know what you mean, that's how I feel about listing them all in the certifications section on the left...

(Kidding everyone!
    icon_santa.gif)
    yea, know what you mean, that's how I feel about listing them all in the certifications section on the left...

(Kidding everyone!
    icon_santa.gif)
    Listing them on the left is different from framing them, putting them on your wall so everyone can see. Or having Mr. Wonderful, CISSP, PMP, pHD, etc. etc. in the back of your name.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I put them in protective sheets in a binder. I also kepp a digital copy on my computer.
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by danny069 viewpost-right.png

IaHawk wrote: »

BURN!!!!!

lol :]
    volfkhat wrote: »
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by danny069 viewpost-right.png

BURN!!!!!

lol :]

You cannot burn my opinion.
    Listing them on the left is different from framing them, putting them on your wall so everyone can see. Or having Mr. Wonderful, CISSP, PMP, pHD, etc. etc. in the back of your name.

Looks like you took it seriously, apologize. ---> (Kidding everyone!icon_santa.gif)