Options

Java Certification -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8

valentina90valentina90 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
My first time here; the community looks great and knowledgeable.

I don’t know whether this is the right place for asking this question, but I am going for it anyway.

I am planning to do my OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) on coming April 2016. I know that Java SE 8 has already been there. I personally prefer Java SE 7 as I already have my books and other study materials for it.

My question is which one I should take -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8? Does it have any impact on job finding? I mean which one is more preferable to the recruiters?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,
Valentina

Comments

• Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My first time here; the community looks great and knowledgeable.

I don’t know whether this is the right place for asking this question, but I am going for it anyway.

I am planning to do my OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) on coming April 2016. I know that Java SE 8 has already been there. I personally prefer Java SE 7 as I already have my books and other study materials for it.

My question is which one I should take -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8? Does it have any impact on job finding? I mean which one is more preferable to the recruiters?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,
    Valentina

If you're going for a programming jobs the certifications don't have a lot of ROI. They will probably ask you for code snippets than this.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. But I am still wondering whether I should go for OCA/OCP Java SE 7 or OCA/OCP Java SE 8.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Java 7 has EOL (end of life), and I assume most companies would have migrated to Java 8. That should help.
  • Options
    Thank a lot Mr. Mike