Failed today - Wow that was long

chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the exam today - but it was nothing like I expected. It's 4 hours long! Where are they going with that?
And the simulations - grief - I've never sat one with so many.
I lost interest in the exam 2 hours in.
There appeared to be a load on Scheduling/Users/Setting rights/Terminal Server.
Anyone get anything different?

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I don't remember how long it was, but I found it one of the easier exams. Then again, I studied longer for that one than the others.
    witty comment
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    What score you got?
    stonecold26.jpg
  • chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I was in and out of the testing center under an hour with a score of 964
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Yes. this exam is boring. I made a post about how horribly boring of an exam this was. Just stay focused you'll get it next time.
    thanks mate - i'll try icon_lol.gif

• trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sandjoseph wrote:
    Took the exam today - but it was nothing like I expected. It's 4 hours long! Where are they going with that?
    And the simulations - grief - I've never sat one with so many.
    I lost interest in the exam 2 hours in.
    There appeared to be a load on Scheduling/Users/Setting rights/Terminal Server.
    Anyone get anything different?

I had simulations on active directory stuff and share/ntfs permissions. Do you work with this stuff? It definitely helps if you see this stuff every day.
    trick000 wrote:
    Do you work with this stuff? It definitely helps if you see this stuff every day.

I work with XP, but have built a server at home to work on - have to do this beast so that I can teach it later on!

• Jonboy76Jonboy76 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jescab wrote:
    Holy Crap! :o To be able to complete the exam in under an hour is awesome! What did you use to study for the exam?
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    jescab wrote:

Wow your score and time is rediculous.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    If he has experience , it's easy to score , I finish mine in 45 minute's.
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    !30 wrote:
    3,5 hour's for english native , and 30 min+ , mean 4 hour's for non-english native language.

I finish the exam in 2,5 hour's , don't hurry up , u have plenty of time , and when you finish isen't really important , but keep it in 3,5 hour's !

This a quote from a thread entitled, "Exam time is 4hours. How long did you take?"

I thought it took you 2.5 hours for the 70-290??

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
    Did you ever take it again?

Famos
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jescab wrote:

Damn, i was close to you. I got a 940 but took about 70 minutes.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    !30 wrote:
    famosbrown wrote:
    !30 wrote:
    3,5 hour's for english native , and 30 min+ , mean 4 hour's for non-english native language.

I finish the exam in 2,5 hour's , don't hurry up , u have plenty of time , and when you finish isen't really important , but keep it in 3,5 hour's !
    This a quote from a thread entitled, "Exam time is 4hours. How long did you take?"

This is way too funny... icon_lol.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Are you ever right. It's long. It's boring.
    It's helps to stretch every 10 questions to clear your mind and refocus.
    Should take between 2-2.5 hours to complete. I passed last month w/ an 850 and it took 2.5. Takes a LOT of study and practice. Good luck.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • turboturbo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 1 hour and 20 min's. I honestly think I rushed parts of it and when I got done and looked at the clock I had A LOT of time left. On my next MS test I'm going to try and slow it down a bit. I was going to sit the 270 but I decided to save it for last and do the 291 next. :D
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    !30 wrote:
    famosbrown wrote:
    !30 wrote:

This is way too funny... icon_lol.gif
    I agree
    I was just wondering icon_confused.gif ...

Here is the link if someone is too lazy to search :) .

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=104154#104154

But anyway, I should be sitting for the 70-290 exam sometime next week hopefully. I've been busy work and a new wife. I don't use Server 2003 at all at work except if I'm checking out an account or something in AD, but other than that, we have a LAN Team. Oh well...my reading and MOC/online courses/practice exams should get me over the hump in at least 2/3 of the time allotted.

Famos
    Rather than 2/3 of the time...it actually took me half the time :D .

Famos
  • tctechtctech Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this was the only MS exam I was able to cruise through. I have alot of AD and NTFS/Share security experience. It helped for the sims on this test.
    I got an 865 in about 2 hours. 291 on the other hand... is a real slap in the face. 270 i also passed on the first try but it wasn't easy.
    “I learned there are troubles of more than one kind, some come from ahead, and some come from behind…. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss