GSEC Passed

wwjd1004wwjd1004 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I wanted to thank the board for providing such a rich atmosphere for learning and growth. I've lurked around here for years and used a lot of the information that I gained to switch my career field and become a security analyst. I passed my GSEC on Monday with a 95% icon_cheers.gif I wanted to give back, so if anyone is studying for the GSEC. I have a practice exam that expires at the end of Jan 2016.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • lumenitelumenite Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What study materials did you use?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Infosec LadyInfosec Lady Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats great source!

can you please pass me your practice test?

I am taking the exam in few days and need more practices

thanks,
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Great score as well - got anything planned next?! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    wwjd1004 wrote: »
    I have a practice exam that expires at the end of Jan 2016.

Has anyone taken three practice exams? I'm curious if they are all different or is the third test a repeat of the other two tests.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A 95 is a great score, nothing beats a 95, except a 96. icon_surprised.gif
    wwjd1004 wrote: »
    I have a practice exam that expires at the end of Jan 2016.

Has anyone taken three practice exams? I'm curious if they are all different or is the third test a repeat of the other two tests.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • wwjd1004wwjd1004 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, Infosec Lady! I'm sorry for the late response. I've been out of the town for the last week. I don't mind at all. PM me your email address.
    fuz1on wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Great score as well - got anything planned next?! icon_thumright.gif

Hey fuz1on,

I have a couple of things that I want to work on, but I have to figure out an order ( CCNA, start this track GCIH>GPEN>OSCP, start the Python Scripting course by Vivek). I'm not a Pent tester, but I love learning that portion of Security. I'm a fan of active defense and I always want to know how to do the things that I read about.
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! What study materials did you use?

I used the SANS courseware. I started watching the OnDemand videos, but I stopped about halfway through. The content was entertaining, but it didn't cover most of the material from the books. The labs weren't very entertaining, so I didn't bother with them. I've played with Kali on and off for a couple of years, so I didn't feel like I missed much. Plus, youtube has a lot of great instruction and lab material.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you still have the practice test? I'm taking the exam in Feb and could really use a practice test
    quogue66 wrote: »
    Do you still have the practice test? I'm taking the exam in Feb and could really use a practice test

Yes, I do. PM your email address and I'll transfer it.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been trying to PM you but I'm a new member so I'm having a bit of trouble. I will reply to a couple more threads and then try again. Thanks!
  • jabjabsjabjabs Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If test is still available, can I have it please? Can't seem to be able to PM you, can you please PM me? Thanks a lot!