Options

Help: Trying to telnet

alu408alu408 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Basically i been trying to figure this out. I am getting no connection between my desktop computer and to my lab. What i am trying to do is use command prompt from my computer and use telnet so i can see the activity going on in the cmd of tera term. What i did so far was creating an ip address from VLAN1 192.168.1.1 and i know that i have to use my ethernet adapter to create an address under that network which i will be using 192.168.1.2 however i cannot do that because my computer does not notice the ethernet port on my computer. My lights are blinking and on but i do not see it under device manager. I even tried checking bios to check if the ethernet controller was on. I feel like this is the issue i am having since i am not able to set an ip address for that adapter to telnet into my switch. I even tried downloading Realtek Ethernet controller however it did not work. I only see my wireless usb adapter and microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter.

Comments

• Options
    I also have my ethernet cable connected from my desktop computer to my switch. And i use a wireless adapter for internet connection.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    What operating system are you using? If it's Windows, then looking in device manager to see if you can see the network card, and if the driver is installed is a good first step. If it's not showing up at all there, then shutdown and check that the card is properly plugged into the mainboard. If it is, then try booting from a Linux live CD and see if the network card shows up there. If not, it is likely bad hardware.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    OctalDump wrote: »
    What operating system are you using? If it's Windows, then looking in device manager to see if you can see the network card, and if the driver is installed is a good first step. If it's not showing up at all there, then shutdown and check that the card is properly plugged into the mainboard. If it is, then try booting from a Linux live CD and see if the network card shows up there. If not, it is likely bad hardware.

thank you very much i just fixed it, i just had to download a network adapter that i never installed for some reason haha. Thank you!