Passed Security+, Next CEH

debdeepduttadebdeepdutta Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Happy Holidays.
Passed my Security+. Materials used. To clear conceptions: Ucertify (Sybex 2014) WGU materials + It is also their course.
And then on my own and from the help of all you Knowledge Hungry People:

Darril Gibson Security+ $40 - 60 days study guide. Except the Book, Provide everything else including performance test (Sims).
And 12 practice total 430 questions helps out very much for the Sims.

CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SYO-401 (Book)
CompTIA Security+ Certification Practice Exams (430 - Practice Questions; 12 Practices Q.Set, 1 Malware Q.Set, 1 Port Q. Set)

Help required for the new version of CEH, any outside sources I should be getting in touch with, for the exam, studied CEHv8, went to take the exam; they changed the version to CEHv9, and failed by 10%. They have given me a 50% coupon, will be taking my exam by the end of January, 2016.

Thank you all for you help.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats good luck on the CEH!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    congrats and sending good luck on your next test.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • CASPCertifiedCASPCertified Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!!!

How long did you study?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TK1799_stTK1799_st Member Posts: 111
    Congrats on the Pass!

With the Linux+ you have -- going after OSCP might be something for you in the future....or hash out CASP later on....

Study - study - study...Have a great New Years!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□