Endorsement Questions

diabolusBRdiabolusBR Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I have a few questions regarding the Endorsement Form. Can anyone help me clear those up?

1 - I've been in my current job for 8 years. Only this job by itself fits their criteria. Can I use only this one on the form?
2 - For my past jobs, my past managers are no longer managers of those teams or are no longer with the company, should I add their contact anyway? If so, do I have to contact them to get their updated info?
3 - Does my resume must have my past/current managers contact as well?

Comments

• jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1-Yes. If the job you have is the only one that meets the (ISC)2 criteria, then just put that job.
    2-If you're using only your current job, you shouldn't have to worry about this.
    3-I've never put anyone's contact info on my resume aside from my own.
  • diabolusBRdiabolusBR Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jt2929 wrote: »
    1-Yes. If the job you have is the only one that meets the (ISC)2 criteria, then just put that job.
    2-If you're using only your current job, you shouldn't have to worry about this.
    3-I've never put anyone's contact info on my resume aside from my own.

Thanks for the reply, jt2929

My current job is not the only one that meets the ISC2 criteria. My older jobs also fit that as they were related to security as well or programming.

My question was regarding their request of "at least 5 years of experience". Since my last job already covers for 8, should I add the older ones?

Having said that, the question 2 still remains if all the jobs must be added.icon_redface.gif
    I would say that's up to you if you want to include your old jobs or not. I don't think it's a MUST add, they are just giving you the opportunity to show your experience. If only your current job fits the bill and you are comfortable with that, then go for it.
  • JC DentonJC Denton Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello, guys. I would like to ask something regarding endorsements also.

Regarding managers, how high in the hierarchy should my manager be in order to be considered as a "valid"? Should the IT team lead (most direct superior) be enough, or should I go higher and put contacts of my office branch director (as he is also my manager) or even IT director?
    JC Denton wrote: »

Regarding managers, how high in the hierarchy should my manager be in order to be considered as a "valid"? Should the IT team lead (most direct superior) be enough, or should I go higher and put contacts of my office branch director (as he is also my manager) or even IT director?

I would say whoever does your yearly performance review is your manager. Whoever you directly report to.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JC Denton wrote: »

Are you getting another CISSP or ISC2 to endorse you?
    The forms and the endorsement process are different for both.
    See https://www.isc2.org/endorsement-form.aspx
  • JC DentonJC Denton Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @jt2929:

Well, my office branch director is the one on who my job depends on (he's the one who can hire of fire, give raise, etc.), but reviews are done by IT team lead (who is directly under IT director). I think I'll put both, just in case, when the time comes for that (first I need to pass the exam, of course).

@Mike7:

The chances are that I will not be able to find any ISC2-certified professional who can endorse me, so I will probably have to rely on ISC2 endorsing me.

But this whole think is still a bit confusing. If I understand correctly, if I cannot find certified pro to endorse me, I need to ask ISC2 for assistance and need to provide them contacts of my superiors in order for them to check if my experience is valid. Right?