MALC passed

QuisUtDeusQuisUtDeus Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've passed the MALC exam on Saturday via Peoplecert online proctoring. Previously I had sat the F and SO, SOA, RCV and PPO exams in a paper-based manner (via Exin) so I had some concerns about taking the exam on-line (I got afraid of not being able to underline the important words in the Question Booklet and to take notes). However taking the exam in an on-line form was very efficient and pleasant (i.e. seeing the whole question and 4 answers on just one screen as opposed to several sheets of paper).
The exam itself is tough (but it is supposed to be so :)). Finished the exam in 70 minutes, pressed the "Finish the exam" button and stopped breathing for a while... just to be served the exam satisfaction survey before the results themselves :) Got 42/50 (got 1 point only for the measurement question). The ITIL exam journey is over for me. :)

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! That's a great result for a tough exam.

I've done quite a few online exams now, and the benefit of being able to do it in my own office is the best bit for me.
  • jtkuhlmanjtkuhlman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had finished ST, SO, OSA, and SS earlier this year and then took a brief respite to tackle the PgMP and CRISC qualifications. Having taken the CRISC exam last Saturday (12/12), I scheduled the SD exam for next week.

Did you get the MALC study aid? I have completed the MALC on-line accredited course through gogotraining.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • scottishkiwiscottishkiwi Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!
    2016 : CompTIA Network+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Storage+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Security+ (Feb) [X], Cisco ICND1 (Feb) [X], MS 70-410 (Mar) [X], Cisco ICND2 (Mar) [X], Juniper JNCIA-Junos (Apr) [ ], Amazon AWS CSA (Apr) [ ], VMWare VCP-DCV (May) [X], MS 70-409 (May) [X], MS 70-411+412 (May) [ ]
    2015 : ITIL Foundations (Dec) [X], PRINCE2 Foundation (Dec) [X], CompTIA A+ (Dec) [X]
  • leochoulaleochoula Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    Please i want to pass SOA Exam and need the documentation. Can you help me please?
    Happy New year!
    Leo
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    leochoula wrote: »
    i want to pass SOA Exam and need the documentation. Can you help me please?

There is only the ITIL official books plus the training course material available as far as I'm aware. Since you are only allowed to book an exam after proving you have been on the training course for it they you will already have the course material. I suspect that leaves only the official books - https://www.axelos.com/store is a source for these although you may be able to get some secondhand on Ebay or the like.

A final option is to borrow a copy of the books from a colleague or local library.

thanks
    Iain
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Planning on ST and MALC this year as well...
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • QuisUtDeusQuisUtDeus Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jtkuhlman wrote: »
    Did you get the MALC study aid?

I bought the "Passing your ITIL MALC Exam" book but it was (this is highly subjective) of a little value for me. I hadn't time for learning or preparation for the exam so I had to rely on the knowledge I acquired by passing the intermediate-level exams (3 years before). The most important is to solve and analyse the mock exams to get the feeling of the real exam questions and to review thoroughly (!) the inter-process dependencies (inputs and outputs) across the ITSM lifecycle stages.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • joemc3joemc3 Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your hard work. I want to progress with ITIL, but I feel they money grab with the 1k classes that you must take.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi joemc3, you can usually get a good deal with online courses if you're happy to study that way. If you're starting from Foundation level look out for expert packages, as they are usually cheaper than buying courses individually. Claire