Options

Guidance needed for CISSP study plan

senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All
I am a project manager and for past 2 years I have been managing cyber security projects. I would rate myself as a beginner in this area. I would like to take this certification to learn concepts.
Can you please guide me by providing inputs to the following questions or please point me to the relevant threads
1) what are the books that I should read?
2) where can I get those books? Should I buy hard or soft copy?
3) is there any study material?
4) can someone propose a study plan. Like learning each domain for a week.
5) what are the other resources that I should look at.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    sydneysundarsydneysundar Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Read various posts you would get a clear answer.. study plan should be customised to your strengths and weakness. start with some free stuff on internet like cybrary, ccure tutorials.. you would eventually answer your questions..all the very best.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Read all the pass threads. You only have 2 years of experience, so you will probably need more than 8 weeks to learn this stuff. Even if you pass the exam, you have to wait another 2-3 years to get the credential. Maybe Security+ or SSCP would be a better starting point.
  • Options
    senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your reply. Just to be clear on my exp, I have 5 years. I worked with network when I statmrted my career 12 years back but I would rate my knowledge very less but I can study.
    Do I need to buy official study guide?
    Or should I do
    Shan AIO
    Eric Conrad both books
    And some of the exams.
  • Options
    tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest you do a practice exam for self-assessment purposes. The materials and books that you have mentioned, you won't go wrong with it. Neither one gives a competitive advantage over the other. It's how you study, understand the concept and work experience that matters. Good luck.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You don't need to buy the official guide, as you can see by reading some of the other PASS threads. I used both Conrad books cover to cover, and used the Harris AIO for my weak domains and practice exams.
  • Options
    hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally I don't think the official guide is worth the paper that it is printed on. I used the Eric Conrad and Shon Harris books. The Eric Conrad book just got updated last month, so that is what I would use. Good luck.