senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which book is good for beginners?

Shon Harris or ISC official guide for beginners

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    senjey wrote: »

Shon Harris covers the old 10 domain CISSP CBK whereas the ISC official study guide covers CISSP 2015 8 domain CBK.

You have asked similar question at http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/116410-guidance-needed-cissp-study-plan.html
    I suggested you read the "I passed" and "CISSP study plan" threads in (ISC)² SSCP and CISSP Forums
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You should get the official guide for the in-depth explanation of any unclear topic, but keep to studying a non-verbose version like the CISSP Study Guide 3rd Edition.
  • senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you. I did read. But was still not clear on what book for beginners. Most of them was technical experts.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    None of them are good for beginners. The CISSP assumes you are somewhere in the ballpark of 4-5 years of experience/knowledge, and the SSCP is around 1 year.

I am assuming you are asking about the CISSP...many people who are not beginner, take and FAIL the exam at least once so that should be some kind of signal to start with the SSCP, Security+, or something along those lines.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As @TechGuru80 mentioned.
    You should have continued with your thread at http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/116410-guidance-needed-cissp-study-plan.html, I have to look at it for this
    Thank you for your reply. Just to be clear on my exp, I have 5 years. I worked with network when I statmrted my career 12 years back but I would rate my knowledge very less but I can study.
  • lion007lion007 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□

Hello senjey,

My advice to you as you are starting your journey into CISSP, is to watch all videos of Cybrary - Kelly's videos will put you in the right track. Then start reading the SYBEX 7th Edition book (cover to cover), when done start practicing the CCCure practice tests. This will guarantee you passing.

This is your road-map to get CISSP certified:

Cybrary videos ===> Sybex 7th Edition Book ===> CCCure practice tests ===> CISSP pass ===> CISSP Certificate icon_cheers.gif

Good luck mate :)
    Thank you very much lion007. I will follow this
    Thank you all for your reply.
  • lion007lion007 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much lion007. I will follow this

Most welcome, and wish you all the best in the exam :)