Passed A+ today!

8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I took my 801 (790) exam last Tuesday and the 802 (777) exam today and passed both!
I used David L Prowse's Exam Cram 6th edition book.

Which Net+ book would you recommend? Also I was thinking about trying the Net+ Certmaster. Thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Comments

• 8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just ordered Mike Meyers book 'CompTIA Network+ All-In-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition (Exam N10-006)' off Amazon.

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • nygs82nygs82 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did u have command sim on the exam?
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!
    Wouldnt you know it a Desktop Support job just opened up. Talk about good timing.

My Network+ book just arrived. I love that 2-day free shipping!
    nygs82Did u have command sim on the exam?
    I cant comment on the exams, sorry.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I took my 801 (790) exam last Tuesday and the 802 (777) exam today and passed both!

Which Net+ book would you recommend? Also I was thinking about trying the Net+ Certmaster. Thoughts on that?

Thanks!

How long did you study ?
  • RealUnitedRealUnited Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • ac1d12a1nac1d12a1n Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go!
    Feel free to add me on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshprew
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, I used the Mike Meyers books for my Net+ its a great resource

best of luck with your studies

Carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • mcttrainermcttrainer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    8thdegreepwnologist,

Great name by the way, and congrats on your pass!

For years, I've been recommending my Network+ students to use the All-In-One Mike Meyers Network+ book. It is a GREAT resource and, not coincidentally, a best seller on Amazon.com. I've been teaching Network+ for ten years and have personally flipped through this book. You'll enjoy it.

Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/hdk9gec

That's not to say that there aren't other solid choices as well. Most publishing houses are pretty dialed into the CompTIA products therefore you can do well with many resources.

Also, I recommend going through Professor Messer's Network+ video tutorials. He filmed the entire course from start to finish. He has various courses available for free on his YouTube channel.

Link here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG49S3nxzAnnXcPUJbwikr2xAcmKljbnQ

Professor Messer also sells $10 Network+ study guides on his website which cram the whole test into 10-20 pages. Good for review 1 hour before test.

Good luck!

-MCTTrainer
    Thanks all!
    mcttrainer
    8thdegreepwnologist,

Great name by the way, and congrats on your pass!

For years, I've been recommending my Network+ students to use the All-In-One Mike Meyers Network+ book. It is a GREAT resource and, not coincidentally, a best seller on Amazon.com. I've been teaching Network+ for ten years and have personally flipped through this book. You'll enjoy it.

Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/hdk9gec

That's not to say that there aren't other solid choices as well. Most publishing houses are pretty dialed into the CompTIA products therefore you can do well with many resources.

Also, I recommend going through Professor Messer's Network+ video tutorials. He filmed the entire course from start to finish. He has various courses available for free on his YouTube channel.

Link here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ikr2xAcmKljbnQ

Professor Messer also sells $10 Network+ study guides on his website which cram the whole test into 10-20 pages. Good for review 1 hour before test.

Good luck!

-MCTTrainer

Thank you! I will check out Professor Messer for sure. I may also IM you if I get stuck! :)
    PlayMaker88
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by 8thdegreepwnologist viewpost-right.png
    Hello,

Thanks!

How long did you study ?

I bet I spent 40-50hrs (or more! Im a slow reader) over the past 8 months. I know after I read Chapter 9 I looked at my watch in disbelief as 6hrs had passed by! But that was a subject I had very little knowledge in.
    Looking back I wish I read 1 chapter a night every night which is what Im trying to get myself to commit to with this Network+ book.