Passed 70-685!

ashbotashbot Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Happy to say I passed this morning after failing on Thursday.

If you're looking to take this exam my advice is:

Get a good nights sleep (seriously, I had about 4 hours due to test anxiety on Thursday and failed it miserably because I was too foggy and couldn't read the questions correctly)

Read the questions!! I can't stress this enough. I see multiple threads pertaining to labbing (which is important) but I found this time that making sure you read and understand the questions will usually lead you to the answer. I labbed a little bit, but I work in an environment with R2 so I didn't lab as much as others on this forum. There were some answers on the first test I know I got wrong and going back today and re-reading them it was like "duh."

Between studying for 60+ hours and reading the MS Press book cover to cover multiple times, I found that knowing the underlying technologies of things like BranchCache, DirectAccess, IKEv2 was enough, don't try to know everything or your brain will explode. You will also over think the questions and miss the obvious answer.

Good luck!

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • LinguisticsLinguistics Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ashbot wrote: »
    Happy to say I passed this morning after failing on Thursday.

If you're looking to take this exam my advice is:

Get a good nights sleep (seriously, I had about 4 hours due to test anxiety on Thursday and failed it miserably because I was too foggy and couldn't read the questions correctly)

Read the questions!! I can't stress this enough. I see multiple threads pertaining to labbing (which is important) but I found this time that making sure you read and understand the questions will usually lead you to the answer. I labbed a little bit, but I work in an environment with R2 so I didn't lab as much as others on this forum. There were some answers on the first test I know I got wrong and going back today and re-reading them it was like "duh."

Between studying for 60+ hours and reading the MS Press book cover to cover multiple times, I found that knowing the underlying technologies of things like BranchCache, DirectAccess, IKEv2 was enough, don't try to know everything or your brain will explode. You will also over think the questions and miss the obvious answer.

Good luck!
    So the 60+ hours of studying was basically just reading the microsoft press book and doing sample exams and labbing?
    Did you bother with much cbt videos or anything similar to those?
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations mate! What was your score? I have this on Tuesday and I'm extremely nervous!
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□