Question about Cloud+ Exam

bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
Are there simulation questions on this exam, similar to the ones on the Security+ exam?
2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science

Comments

• owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No - there are not.
  • VirtualBarbieVirtualBarbie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why is there so little in terms of training materials for Cloud+? Anyone have any good suggestions as to how to study for it?
  • owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I would suggest:
    1.) Go through this free Rackspace course: CloudU Certification: CloudU Certification.
    2.) Than - additionally - read this official CompTia's Cloud+ study book: CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide (Exam CV0-001)

This approach definitely helped me to pass this exam.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    bjpeter wrote: »
    Are there simulation questions on this exam, similar to the ones on the Security+ exam?

The Sybex book: Deploying and Managing a Cloud Infrastructure: Real-World Skills for the CompTIA Cloud+ Certification and Beyond: Exam CV0-001
    comes with a test. I haven't had a look yet. Their CEH and Storage+ books were ok, but their Windows 2008r2 book not so much
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • mcttrainermcttrainer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bjpeter,

No, zero simulation questions.

-MCTTrainer
  • mcttrainermcttrainer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VirtualBarbie,

Somewhat to my surprise, Cloud+ is still relatively "fringe" as far as acceptance is concerned. I thought it would have struck a bigger chord than it has. For many, it's a must-have certification, but overall the general population favors A+/Net+/Sec+. This relative lack of demand has discouraged more books from being written. I say this as a proud Cloud+ instructor too! Hopefully the certification grows in the near future. Otherwise, I teach the course using the Cloud+ book found here:

Amazon.com: CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide (Exam CV0-001) (Certification Press) (9780071828864): Nate Stammer, Scott Wilson: Books

Good luck!

-MCTTrainer
  • TomkoTechTomkoTech Member Posts: 438
    I think the issue is that jobs are looking for people with specific "cloud" knowledge not general. They want someone who is specifically experienced in VMWare or Citrix or Hyper-V. A general understanding is good for someone in a consultant or PM position, but to actually work in IaaS/SaaS a general cert is going to be fairly meaningless..
  • lloris_20lloris_20 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    But how does one start with no knowledge of cloud? Cloud+ will be a good option to start out yes?
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is a good start. Cloud+ will give you a lot of the foundational terminology and knowledge of cloud technologies and virtualization. Keep in mind that it is a separate track from the A+/N+/Sec+/CSA+/CASP side, so you will have another set of CEUs to earn every three years....not to mention the additional CE fees. I think you get 8 CE points toward Network+ if you get Cloud+.

Another option is Cloud Essentials....Certainly not quite as techie, but about a third of the price of Cloud+, no CEUs to keep it (so no addtional CE fees), and it, too, will give you some basic terminology. Again, it is not geared as much toward techs as it is toward basic business users, but there is a lot of good info.

Neither cert has huge recognition from my point of view, so don't expect to have people knocking down your door after seeing either on your resume. Still, the material is useful. When I took it, it gave me the basics to be able to sit in a meeting and know what others were discussing in terms of offering apps in the cloud.
  • lloris_20lloris_20 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is a good start. Cloud+ will give you a lot of the foundational terminology and knowledge of cloud technologies and virtualization. Keep in mind that it is a separate track from the A+/N+/Sec+/CSA+/CASP side, so you will have another set of CEUs to earn every three years....not to mention the additional CE fees. I think you get 8 CE points toward Network+ if you get Cloud+.

Another option is Cloud Essentials....Certainly not quite as techie, but about a third of the price of Cloud+, no CEUs to keep it (so no addtional CE fees), and it, too, will give you some basic terminology. Again, it is not geared as much toward techs as it is toward basic business users, but there is a lot of good info.

Neither cert has huge recognition from my point of view, so don't expect to have people knocking down your door after seeing either on your resume. Still, the material is useful. When I took it, it gave me the basics to be able to sit in a meeting and know what others were discussing in terms of offering apps in the cloud.

thanks for info. Eager to take cloud+ later this year or early next.