Options

CAP Certification

EJMADELINEEJMADELINE Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I couldn't find anywhere labeled specifically for CAP, so I figured I'd post here. I have five years of IT Security experience along with a Security + and SSCP. I'm currently studying for CISSP, but a job opportunity has sprung up and if I can get a DoD Level II IAM certification, I'm the leading candidate as it's within the same organization. For this reason, I'm thinking of picking up the CAP. I have free training through FedVTE, but is there anything else anyone can recommend? I've completed the RMF process for system C&A, so I am familiar with it. I only have about two weeks to study. It's either this is CASP. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    gaadayaregaadayare Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking CAP study information:
  • Options
    gaadayaregaadayare Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Anyone serious about preparing for ISC2 CAP certification?
    If so, let's chat and get together.

Thanks,
    G
  • Options
    gaadayare wrote: »
    Hello,

Anyone serious about preparing for ISC2 CAP certification?
    If so, let's chat and get together.

Thanks,
    G

I'm thinking of going straight for the CISSP now. I can't find any information about this exam or anyone who has taken and passed the exam. There is not enough information out there! I work directly everyday with the CAP content, but I still would like to know what is a viable study solution. How was the CASP by the way? I'm conflicted on whether to go for CISSP, CASP, or CAP. CISSP is paid for which is nice.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There was a good post on it I believe last year. Basically said the official book, fips 199/200, and NIST SP 800 series. My assumption is that unless you produce C&A documentation, you will have a challenging time passing.
  • Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EJMADELINE wrote: »
    I can't find any information about this exam or anyone who has taken and passed the exam.

Here is one:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/99566-cap-exam-review.html
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    lajtlajt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking of going straight for the CISSP now. I can't find any information about this exam or anyone who has taken and passed the exam. There is not enough information out there! I work directly everyday with the CAP content, but I still would like to know what is a viable study solution. How was the CASP by the way? I'm conflicted on whether to go for CISSP, CASP, or CAP. CISSP is paid for which is nice.

I'm not surprised there still isn't much information about this. Just focus on the actual polices used in the RMF (johnnyg's post lists them). I also used the official book from ISC2 as a supplement but knowing the policies themselves will be your biggest asset.
  • Options
    Jonnyg wrote: »

Jonnyg, great review! I think I'm going to hunker down and prepare for the CAP. I've read all of the documents you've mentioned, and I think another read through while taking notes will help. I'm not involved in the writing of C&A documentation, but I'm responsible for the checks and reviews of systems accredited under RMF and have done four systems myself. It also gets my 6 more credits off of my bachelors degree so why not!
  • Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jonnyg, great review! I think I'm going to hunker down and prepare for the CAP. I've read all of the documents you've mentioned, and I think another read through while taking notes will help. I'm not involved in the writing of C&A documentation, but I'm responsible for the checks and reviews of systems accredited under RMF and have done four systems myself. It also gets my 6 more credits off of my bachelors degree so why not!

It sounds like the CAP would be a good investment for you. Knocking out that many credits for only the price of the CAP would save you some cash, too.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.