Options

i want start my networking life?

kavindu gihankavindu gihan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
what is the coures i have to do ? if i am going to do cisco coures what should i do first?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You don't have to do any courses. I'd suggest picking up a CCNA book and start reading though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Volunteer to setup networks for non-profits. You will touch more then Cisco and learn real quickly what you don't know.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Buy book, buy cheap gear, set it up, break it, fix, it. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    kavindu gihankavindu gihan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what is the coures i have to do ? if i am going to do cisco coures what should i do first?

A course never hurt anybody but based on experience, I learn more via self-taught. Most courses just don't go into the detail you would need to really get a grasp on the technology. And god forbid you pay for a course and the teacher teaches from a braindump.... (If that happens get out! Get out quickly!) Also most courses end up being a much larger financial investment than books / lab gear so i'll let you decide which is more valuable especially; if you go through a vendor provided course.

I'd do as like everybody suggested. Get some books to introduce yourself to the tech, get some gear to practice on (also GNS3 / VIRL are good emulation software alternatives to live gear to do the same level of practice), etc.

Also, CCNA is an entry level cert but depending on how green you really are with networking technology it might not hurt to pick up a NET+ book first to get a more basic and vendor neutral introduction to networking technology.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest you read the network+ material, don't test on it, and get into a Cisco course at a local college so you can do netacad and get your hands on real hardware, take the CCENT then the CCNA.

People will tell you to read a CCNA book, but if you have zero experience configuring routers and switches its going to be like reading something in another language. You really have to get hands on to understand the material.