Here are the certs I plan on getting in the next 9 months

OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
What do you think?

MCDBA ( 2 exams left)
MCSE:Messaging ( 1 exam left) :D
CCNA & CCDA :D
Server+
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like you got yourself a plan. Seeing as how you've already completed a pretty significant number of exams already, I'd say you know at about what pace you can go for new topics, you can gauge yourself in terms of how much you have to do to prepare, and what study methods work best for you.

I've got a pseudo-plan of my own, for tests I want to take in the coming months:
      LPIC-1 (Probably in the next month, or so.)
      LPIC-2
      CCNA
      The rest of the MCSE: Security (70-293, 70-294, 70-298, and 70-299)
      Then on to tenatively work towards CCNP, but we'll see how long that takes, especially while I'm heading back to school.

I wish you luck on your nine-month plan, and on all your tests. Hopefully, these coming months will be only the beginning for you.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Sounds like you have thought this through! Looks good icon_thumright.gif

Personally I would like to go:
    CCNP - presently studying
    JNCIA + P
    CCVP
    Server+

...The Illusive CCIE!icon_moneyeyes.gif

Im not sure after that but I failed the server+ a year ago and didn't take it any further because of lack of study material. I studied from the old stuff but when the new books come out here in SA I will finish it.

Good Luck - Hope you do well :D
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Well from all of your posts that I've read I picture you as an intelligent and highly motivated individual. So if you don't make it, it won't be from a lack of effort or knowledge.

Personally I expect to see a post in 9 months with a completed check next to each goal.

Good Luck!!

Posts like these help me get motivated to start working on the CWNA again. Thanks.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well of course i have my plan of action too.
    this is how it breaks down:
    The certs i have listed cause im in a program that pays for them
    server +
    security+
    mcsa
    Maybe ccna
    YoungFred.jpg
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    drainey wrote:
    Well from all of your posts that I've read I picture you as an intelligent and highly motivated individual. So if you don't make it, it won't be from a lack of effort or knowledge.

Personally I expect to see a post in 9 months with a completed check next to each goal.

Good Luck!!

Posts like these help me get motivated to start working on the CWNA again. Thanks.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Sounds like a tight schedule. A cert a month? In the next 9 months I hope to have my CISSP done then a refreshing CCNA recap. GL May I ask why the Server+?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks good.... but I think you should move the CCNA and CCDA to the top of the list. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All those in 9 months? nice I hope it all works out for the best
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    Good plan :P

My own is something like this:
    BCCPA/BCCPP, CCSA/CCSE/CCSE+, NSA, CISSP and Perhaps MCSE: Security
    Of cause, plans are subject to frequent change icon_rolleyes.gif
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    Very nice...

Personally I am 100% focused on MCSE.

Only completed 70-270 and almost done studying for 70-290 so I have a long road ahead of me :)
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    You're welcome.

I started studying for the CWNA again last night. Plan to take it next month.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • dratnoldratnol Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to get my MCSE 2000 (one test away) and upgrade to MCSE 2003. If time permits, I would like to sit the CWNA exam too.
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    Sounds extremely ambitious. How do you manage to knock out a certification so quickly? What are your study tactics?

if you are capable of keeping up these speeds, i am extremely envious and impressed :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems