LPIC-2 117-202 Exam 202, Part 2 of 2

JassimarkJassimark Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
After briefly going over all the chapters for this exam, my initial thoughts, it’s looking much more challenging than 201 exam material, lots of new terms and topics to memorize & master that I have had no experience with at work. The good news is that I went over all the objectives (LPI Website) for this certification exam and was very pleased to find out that LPIC-2 Study Guide covers them all, even though it’s outdated.

I'm planning to take this exam sometime in February, depending on my progress. I haven't registered for it yet but will do that soon, probably sometime this week, so I have clear idea of how much time I need to spend on studying and be focused.

It’s looking mighty difficult to grasp all of these new concepts in a month or so; I'll see how it goes. I would like to hear from members who have taken this exam recently about their experience. Thanks.

Comments

• varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    If I am not mistaken, LPI allows you to have up to 5 years between two exams, so I don't know what's the hurry here. Work maybe? For the record, I haven't taken 202.
    202 seems to be all about configuration of services. Many of the topics are already covered by guides on RHCE exam or free documentation of services by project creators themselves. It will be on you to read through docs and configure and configure more. Not devilish scenarios because I doubt LPI would come up with something like that.
    I know that uplifting feeling when you passed the first exam and now you feel like getting done with the second exam and finally getting certified. Subjects of study for 202 don't seem to be trivial. So give yourself time but be persistent at it. Study hard but review constantly.
  • kglendenning-lpikglendenning-lpi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is correct; your 201 exam will remain active for 5 years toward your LPIC-2 certification. Take your time and focus on hands-on study. As varelg mentioned, we don't use devilish scenarios or trick questions, we aim to genuinely test your knowledge as a system administrator.

Good luck!

Regards,

Kevin Glendennning
    Linux Professional Institute
  • JassimarkJassimark Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks varelg & Kevin for your input, appreciated.

You guys are right about practicing hands-on labs on all of these services to make this stuff stick because its definitely overwhelming. There is actually no pressure from work to complete this certification so I'll probably take my time as you suggested and give as much time as necessary to digest all of these new topics covered on this exam, instead of rushing and getting my butt whooped.