Up next - Security+

thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just finished off the CCNA: Security today. Soon to be embarking on my Security+ journey. I already have Darril Gibson's book, do plan on utilizing Prof. Messer's video playlist as well. That should be enough to put the nails in the coffin yeah? Let me know.

icon_study.gif

Thanks,
Wiz
Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP

Comments

• tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds good. Would recommend the paid content from the Gibson site.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah definitely check out Darril Gibson's blog too - Security+ Blog Links - Get Certified Get Ahead

I think you should be in good shape to pass.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the insight! Thanks.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
    The material for the Sec+ seems pretty simple, lots of ideas and terms I've seen before over my Net+, CCNA R&S and CCNA Sec studies.

Hopefully I can knock it out first week of my new work schedule.
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Security+ isn't hard, but you just have to know topics a mile wide, but an inch deep. It's very general versus how specific the CCNA: Security was.

If you are going to go through the Professor Messor route, just watch the videos on topics you don't understand. I wouldn't watch the whole series because he tends to be lengthy, but God bless him for putting out a free product.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
    True. I'm covering his video material for good measure, also plan on purchasing his notes. Finished Gibson's books, averaged 90+ on the end of chapter quizzes. Going to utilize his study tests, labs, etc after finishing up with Prof. Messer's videos.

Stay hungry out there ladies and gents.
    Finished Gibson's book and purchased Messers notes, Gibsons premium material and app for phone.

Averaging 85-100% on his end of chapter quizzes, and application flash cards and tests.

Do you think I'm prepared to sit for the exam? Kinda feel like some of this information is common sense.

Also I'm too lazy to look over Messer's notes and do the premium material for Gibson's book. I'll do it if I have to ie. if the above mentioned is not enough for the exam.

Any input is appreciated.
  • TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    go through the SY0-401 course objectives line by line. everything in the objectives is in the exam
    Going through some of this GCGA Premium material of his, pretty good stuff. Really appreciate what guys like Darril Gibson and Prof. Messer do to help others become well informed.
    Averaged 93% on the 420 questions, finishing up this 100 question practice exam. Think I'm going to schedule the exam for this Monday.