Do you need to know Ethernet cable specifications for CCNP:SW?

ZomboidicusZomboidicus Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
Title pretty much says it; Do you need to know Ethernet cable specifications for CCNP:SW?

For example, do I need to memorize the Ethernet cabling information, such as the diameter of fibre cables (10GBASE-LRM) or the distance it can span?

The blueprint or syllabus of the exam doesn't suggest it, but I'm asking just to make sure.

Any tips are appreciated.
2016 Certification Goals: Who knows :D

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Diameter of fiber cables? LOL, well if that's on the exam then I guess I'd just be guessing the answer. Just go by the blueprint.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Title pretty much says it; Do you need to know Ethernet cable specifications for CCNP:SW?

For example, do I need to memorize the Ethernet cabling information, such as the diameter of fibre cables (10GBASE-LRM) or the distance it can span?

The blueprint or syllabus of the exam doesn't suggest it, but I'm asking just to make sure.

Any tips are appreciated.

I doubt it. The blueprint mentions nothing of that and the Cisco Press books I have read mention nothing of it. That seems more like a design or datacenter related topic.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • ZomboidicusZomboidicus Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    Diameter of fiber cables? LOL, well if that's on the exam then I guess I'd just be guessing the answer. Just go by the blueprint.

Yeah, I was debating on either doing that or trying to memorize it. I thought I ask here in case anybody unexpectedly encountered such questions on the exam.
    I doubt it. The blueprint mentions nothing of that and the Cisco Press books I have read mention nothing of it. That seems more like a design or datacenter related topic.

Right, maybe I gave a bad example, but I meant to include copper-based Ethernet cables as well. Your comment probably still applies, but OCG includes tables of many different Ethernet cable specifications, so I thought I'd cover my base. After taking CCNA:DC and found out that I encountered many questions that were not covered in the blueprint, or it mentioned certain topics very ambiguously, I have trust issues with Cisco's exam blueprints :)

But I doubt it too. Thanks!
    2016 Certification Goals: Who knows :D